Getting Things You'Re Not Supposed To Have

ludditeman

Here's my Thai DL (with personal info erased of course)

Ooh! covered the birth year. Just joking. Be careful if you live at the address on your DL, you may have visits from certain ThaiVisa-ites. Maybe removing your house number and street name would be best to maintain your anonymity.

@GarryP

I don't think my address on the DL was complete enough for anyone to find me, but at your suggestion, I made it a little more indistinct jap.gif

Edited by mojaco

post-1154-0-29046700-1325752681_thumb.jp

The date 2546 was the date you got your first DL and the date 2557 is when your present DL expires!

The dates on my DL are 2543 and 2558 but I still can only get a 5 year license at a time!

post-1154-0-29046700-1325752681_thumb.jp

The date 2546 was the date you got your first DL and the date 2557 is when your present DL expires!

The dates on my DL are 2543 and 2558 but I still can only get a 5 year license at a time!

You know, I think you are right!!!! Getting old . . . I *seem* to recall renewing my license just a few years ago, but just looking at the dates on the license I just assumed the first date was the renewal date! So mine IS a 5-year license after all! Thanks for jogging my memory. jap.gif

Just checked my records. I renewed it July 23, 2009. So it is good to 2014 . . . 5 years

Edited by mojaco

I handed over my DL, told her my address (which was different from the address on the DL).

Thai DL's do not have an address on them. Kinda puts your post in suspect light, don't you think?

TH

@Thaihome

My Thai DL issued in Bangkok 8 years ago has my Bangkok address written in Thai on the back of the license. Have you tried looking at the back of yours? Or do you even have a 10 year license?

I appologize, never noticed the address written on the back. I have a 5 year issued in 2008.

wai.gif

TH

I handed over my DL, told her my address (which was different from the address on the DL).

Thai DL's do not have an address on them. Kinda puts your post in suspect light, don't you think?

TH

I think you better take another look at your Thai DL. The address is in Thai on the back side. At least it is on mine.

• Like 1

TH

Where does he say he was using a Thai DL? My Cali DL has my address on it and still I can use it as a form of ID, even here in Thailand. I truly believe the OP story, because this is Thailand ....Thailand ....Thailand.

In the old days, that was the rule and it was kind of enforced.... nowadays less so... which finally makes sense. It's not like the customers are going to flood the hypermart and they won't be able to keep items in stock or count the cash in time.

smile.png

And there's another scenario =at the Makro on Narantiwus Rd in Bkk you have to have a member car. No non-members allowed to buy.

The older ones definitely do. Not sure of the new ones. What light does this put your post in? :rolleyes:

TH

Turn it over have a look above the picture of the car

thats your address