Al-Qaeda Group Declare War Against Thailand

george

Militants threaten attacks on Southeast Asian governments

JAKARTA, Indonesia -- A militant group calling itself Al-Qaeda's Southeast Asian Division has threatened to attack regional governments, and lauds two notorious terrorist leaders as "tigers of Islam."

In a website posting seen Tuesday, the previously unknown group warned Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia and the Philippines to expect attacks on government, military and economic targets, and urged Muslims to avoid those locations.

"All the things that we will do are savage acts against humans who do not want to believe in Allah," said the rambling 41,000 word posting entitled a "declaration of war." "The swords of the holy warriors are always thirsty for your blood."

There was no way to know whether the group had the means to carry out the threats.

Militants belonging to the al-Qaeda linked Jemaah Islamiyah terror group have launched a string of bloody bombings on mostly Western targets in recent years in Indonesia and the Philippines. Thailand and the Philippines are battling Islamic insurgents in outlying regions.

Scores of its alleged Jemaah Islamiyah members have been arrested around the region.

"The world is changing, and the venue of holy war is getting greater," the Malay-language posting said. "The war between Islam and the unbelievers is getting sharper."

Indonesian, Thailand and Malay police said they had no information about the site or the Malay-language posting, which was dated October 5 and had a Kuala Lumpur dateline.

"Even though we have never heard of this terrorist group, once it has made a threat via a Web site, we have to be cautious," Thailand's National Intelligence Agency chief Gen. Jumpol Manmai said.

The statement refers to two of Asia's most notorious terror leaders -- Noordin Top and the recently slain Azahari bin Husin -- as "tigers of Islam" and urges Muslims to follow their path.

The two men, both Malaysians, are blamed for most of the bloodiest terror attacks in Southeast Asia, including the 2002 bombings on the Indonesian resort island of Bali. They are alleged to be key leaders of Jemaah Islamiyah.

The posting attacks Thailand for its crackdown on militants in the south of the country, quoting verses from the Muslim holy book to justify violence against soldiers there.

It also criticizes the secular government in mostly Muslim Malaysia, and apparently refers to events in October when suspicious packages were sent to several foreign embassies in Kuala Lumpur.

The statement said Muslim militants sent the packages -- which it claimed contained biological agents -- to missions of countries that are "the most active in waging war against Islam" and that they had promised "greater" attacks to come. Police said the packets were harmless.

Southeast Asia militants have used Web sites to threaten attacks or justify bombings before.

An Indonesian-language Web site only recently taken of the net by authorities gave instructions on how to assassinate foreigners in Jakarta.

--AP 2005-11-29

If you ignore them, you only give them strength. If you give in to them they will only want more. I hope that the Thai governement is finally waking up. They will kill men, woman and children and will revel in the pain and grief it causees.

Militants threaten attacks on Southeast Asian governments

"All the things that we will do are savage acts against humans who do not want to believe in Allah," said the rambling 41,000 word posting entitled a "declaration of war." "The swords of the holy warriors are always thirsty for your blood."

--AP 2005-11-29

...and I was under the aprehension that the teachings of Allah bode tollerance to all other religions. Perhaps it's time for an avatar change :o

My GF, friends and my-self will be travelling up from KL or Singapore in March. We will be touring Malaysia and a little Indonesia, before travelling up to the southern islands of LOS via Bali. Ending in Bkk for Songkran and my birthday.

I hope I'm never made to eat my words but, we will not be changing our plans.

Fortunatly I was in Spain when the 1st London bombs happened, although I was not so far away with the 2nd failed attempts. I was at the London TV Studio's not far from the London eye. Almost right in the middle of all of the planned bombs. Gives me goose bumps thinking how close I could have been to death or injury. :o

I know there have been lots of problems in the south and, the people travelling with me make they're own choices.

In the old words, "We can't let the Bas*ards grind us down".

redrus

Edited by redrus

Here we go again :o

WHEN will the apparent GOOD MUSLIMS do anything to try stop this pointless violence? You know, the muslims who are the 1st to complain when 1 muslim person is killed or locked up.

Fight fire with fire thats what I say. Itll get worse before it gets better, we need every government to worktogether to fight this war on nothing.

Ill be treading on my toes when im out in Pattaya....

If you ignore them, you only give them strength.  If you give in to them they will only want more.  I hope that the Thai governement is finally waking up.  They will kill men, woman and children and will revel in the pain and grief it causees.

it is not as simple as first emotion on one article. seems like america wants to "help" Asia also, let all usa people greeze me here, but now it widely eyes that it looks like that.

Al Co. has very point in far regions of their interest and close to states.

I reading this book now, and it is much than any detective

http://www.2ndcheek.com/confessions_of.htm

http://www.globalpublicmedia.com/interviews/332

[

Fight fire with fire thats what I say. Itll get worse before it gets better, we need every government to worktogether to fight this war on nothing.

Do we fire back with pigs or what?

Someone really oughta c: format \all muslims and reinstall the peace there...

Cheers,

SD

If you ignore them, you only give them strength.  If you give in to them they will only want more.  I hope that the Thai governement is finally waking up.  They will kill men, woman and children and will revel in the pain and grief it causees.

it is not as simple as first emotion on one article. seems like america wants to "help" Asia also, let all usa people greeze me here, but now it widely eyes that it looks like that.

Al Co. has very point in far regions of their interest and close to states.

I reading this book now, and it is much than any detective

http://www.2ndcheek.com/confessions_of.htm

http://www.globalpublicmedia.com/interviews/332

Yeah, yeah, yeah-America is evil, the great satan, whatever. I have seen what these people do. They do what will cause the most media attention and the most pain. That is how they justify killing women and children and even those they profess to have the same faith as. They know that they are at war and are fighting like it is a war. They are not going after America-there hasn't been a succesful attack against teh U.S. since 9/11 so they are going after those who can't defend themselves. Oh yeah, I have no freakin' idea what the heck you wrote.

Looks like they are trying their best to change their image, and become a more peaceful religion. This should bring people to the muslim religion by the legions.

I mean really, "join us or die," really does not work too well. BTW, really how does a non arabic looking person, prove that he or she believes in Alah? Is there a special ring us anglos can get or something?

All this over religion.... sad really.

Sometimes the thought crosses my mind of what the world would be like if Islam was eliminated from the planet. As a religion, it dosent seem to bring any worth to the planet. I can't really say I see any value in Islam. Maybe it's because I don't know much about it. Can anyone think of anything positive that Islam has contributed to the world?

Sometimes the thought crosses my mind of what the world would be like if Islam was eliminated from the planet. As a religion, it dosent seem to bring any worth to the planet. I can't really say I see any value in Islam. Maybe it's because I don't know much about it. Can anyone think of anything positive that Islam has contributed to the world?

Christianity? :o:D:D

EVERYBODY JUST SHUT THE F UP!!!!!!!!

WE ARE NOT HAVING THIS NONSENSE AGAIN ARE WE?!!

DOES IT EVER ACHIEVE ANYTHING EXCEPT WE P1SS EACH OTHER OFF?? NO IT DOESN'T.

Just stick to the topic - which incidentally has been discussed many times before anyway (and got nowhere...).

This will just turn into another thread where everyone get's on their high horse and starts insulting others - it needn't happen.

Edited by zaz

The Islamic extremists are the Islamic equivalent of the Evangelical Fundamentalist Christians in the US. They both want to replace secular government with theocratic government. They deserve each other, but the show that will unfold on the world stage isn't going to be pretty.

What the Muslim South of Thailand needs is economic parity with the Central and Northern provinces. Extreme separatist movements get fewer new members when life is comfortable. I wish the Thai government could and would embark on an ambitious development plan for the affected provinces. Unfortunately, they have let the violence reach the point where people don't want to open businesses there, and tourism is likely to be suffering, too, so the poverty deepens.

What the terrorists want is an Islamic government for all the predominantly Muslim areas of SE Asia. That includes Indonesia, the southern islands of the Philippines, the southern provinces of Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore.

What happened to the Islam that ruled the world from 700 to 1200? It was tolerant of other religions, it practiced secular government, and it both produced new knowledge and preserved the old Greek knowledge that led directly to the Renaissance in Europe.

Edited by cathyy

Algebra?

The concept of zero?

Trigonometry?

The decimal point?

The length of the solar year (500 years before the west stopped believing that the earth was flat)?

Pharmacies?

Google 'house of wisdom' or 'Bayt al-Hikma'

Well 99.9 % muslims are fine - its the .1% that needs sorting.

Tell you what Brit out of the 99.9% actually less than 5% (if that) know anything much about Islam anyway....

Anyway I've had my discussions about Islam and religion and terrorism blah di blah but it changes nothing.

Back on topic - those people are total nutcases. The frustrating thing is you can't see them on the street and you don't know them from Tom, Dick or Harry. They are a bunch of totaly misguided individuals who basicaly are making everyones life pretty sh1t.

I won't be leaving Thailand over some "religious" fanatics threats. They moan and groan about how badly the world treats them, how the Koran has been disrespected, yet they themselves disrespect their own "good book." This fanatical belief that "Allah" will give them 7-skanky virgins if they decapitate, maim, and murder the "infidels." I can only hope justice will be done to these idiotic imbeciles...eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, and a head for a head, then they'll never reach their goal. Wonder what would happen to them if someone dropped loads of pig manure on em? Maybe they'd commit mass suicide since they would now be unclean before their "saviour." Worthless bast***s.