Why The Big Price Difference Between Some Bmws?

I found a used car website that is listing BMWs at prices that are so different that it makes me wonder if there is something fishy about the lower price ones. Is there anything going on like for big bikes that some cars have been imported but not registered or something like that? Like they are cheaper because they don't have a license plate yet? In the link below there is a 2010 model at 1.8M and an identical 2008 model at 2.1M. That is 300000 more expensive for a car that is 2 years older. What is going on?

buying a new 520D, I can pay 3,2 to 3,9 from BMW TH or 2,8 to 4,0 from a grey importer. In this case you usually get what you pay for.

as for second hand, who sold it new, where was it manufactored and for which market, whats the spec, any BIS left, how many times wrecked and/or is the seller living in dreamland?

I guess for me the main point is that, aside from the car's condition compared to others, is there any typical gotcha I need to be aware of. Like if I buy the car and then it turns out I have to pay some huge amount to get a license plate (that's how it is with big bikes) or is that unheard of for cars? Will a dealer Be straight about something like that?

I guess for me the main point is that, aside from the car's condition compared to others, is there any typical gotcha I need to be aware of. Like if I buy the car and then it turns out I have to pay some huge amount to get a license plate (that's how it is with big bikes) or is that unheard of for cars? Will a dealer Be straight about something like that?

a car sold new by bmw Th should be safe on taxes and docs, but spec, warranty and BIS vary depending on how it was sold new. Fleetsales can have down to 1 year BIS, while consumer sales can have up to 5 years, couple of hundredk baht in difference for a one year old.

grey imports are sometimes imported as parts, or at least paid duty as such. Most have never been picked apart and assembled again, so major cheating on taxes. so just like on big bikes

a secondhand car dealer straight on cars history? they dont know or dont want to know, everything is just fine

In the used market there are a variety of factors. Particularly beware of improper documentation, but there are other issues like a blown motor being replaced with a Toyota or otherwise non-original engine. That's the biggest hit I've seen on used car prices. Other things can be accident damage and expensive repairs needed.

Edited by jkolak