Sewing Machine

keestha

The Mrs. tells me they carry Singer.

http://www.farangfri...Town-75727.aspx

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SHOP!!!

My missus bought a machine there for 6,500 about 4 months ago and, despite many visits and phone calls, is still waiting for it to be delivered or a refund given.

They have given a million excuses, including the floods, which started well after the order was placed.

They will be getting a heavy duty visit shortly!

My missus bought a machine there for 6,500 about 4 months ago and, despite many visits and phone calls, is still waiting for it to be delivered or a refund given.

They have given a million excuses, including the floods, which started well after the order was placed.

Thanks for the update. The Mrs. has been there a few times looking at different machines, but did not purchase. Please update after the visit.wai.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Please update after the visit.wai.gif

Yes please update Croc. I was thinking of sending the Mrs down there (from Khao Lak), but if they even don't have machines available it wouldn't make sense.

Still no joy with this place despite more phonecalls, visits and promises. Will keep at them for a refund.

DO NOT SHOP THERE!

Meanwhile the missus bought a sewing machine at Central today. Apparently there is a good range in the basement near the bedding area.

She bought a Swiss made Elna 2110 for about 8,000b. They give free lessons there on using them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally got a refund from this shop today for the sewing machine we bought last August, but was never delivered!

Gave back 6000 of the 6500 we paid. Have promised to pay the last 500 soon - not holding my breath.

I guess they feel they need something for their troubles. A face thing. Or they know we won't waste any more time for that amount.

• 4 months later...

Very useful topic. May buy myself a new machine, will certainly check Central basement next time I'm in Phuket. However, does anyone know of a place in Phuket/Phang Nga where I could get my Frister & Rossmann electric sewing machine serviced? It seems to have no power to turn the belt so maybe the motor's knackered. Hubby and I have taken it virtually to bits and there seems to be nothing else wrong apart from the lack of power. (I live in Knok Kloi).

exactly the same thing happened to us, we did get the machine eventually but only after threatening to call the police