Looking For A Cb400

dagling

Need some help. I have been thinking about getting me a Honda CB 400. A friend bought one for a few months ago, and I tried for a couple of ours. I am "hooked", and what a nice soundlicklips.gif

So, what bike (model,year) should I go for? The newest is the best? Millage,what is over the top? Price for a well kept bike with a Green Book? jap.gif

There are also 3 400's listed on baht & sold in Pattaya area. They are 94-95 & I think a 97 as well.

I am looking for a 400 super 4 myself, but Want a 2006 & up. They were a little pricey on Pattaysu website.

Good luck. beats a motorscooter to death! 51 HP compared to 20- 26 hp. & It tacks up great. Can't beat an inline 4 for smoothness either!!

I have a 2004 Cb400. Bought it with 10,000K on the clock for 190,000THB. Here's a picture of it, its a great bike but I'm not selling at the moment.

There was a 90s model for sale at the second hand dealer on 3rd road (opposite the village). Teera motorcycle in Bangkok has also got a few for sale.

post-36640-0-85723600-1326608793_thumb.j

Edited by Boca

. & It tacks up great.

You are nailing your bike to a post?biggrin.png

Alright typo. My nouvo isn't exactly exciting compared to to a super 4!

Just kidding. The expression used to be it spools-up well. I think we all knew what you meant.

There is another good hookup in Bangkok http://www.mocyc.com...d=191709&page=2 I haven't been there but it looks like they roll a lot of 400's I am not sure if this site is fastbike. they also have a decent selection. If you check out BKK let me know how it looks!!!!!!!!!!!

Do they have a green book ?? Mine didn't have a proper one so I was glad to get rid of it.

Edited by Kwasaki

Not at all sure on any of the particulars on the green books . In Bangkok I am having a hard time on the websites writing in English or Thai I haven't got any responses. Pattaya is easy to find the location of bikes- Bangkok is pretty big for me to go out bumbling around to look at bikes unfortunately.

Looks like about 4 out of 10 have a green book but no way to even tell if it is a legit green book without seeing the green book & viewing all the important pages & numbers. I wish I knew the answer to the question as it is my # 1 concern is a legit. Green book on anything I would consider buying here.

There is another good hookup in Bangkok http://www.mocyc.com...d=191709&page=2 I haven't been there but it looks like they roll a lot of 400's I am not sure if this site is fastbike. they also have a decent selection. If you check out BKK let me know how it looks!!!!!!!!!!!

Do they have a green book ?? Mine didn't have a proper one so I was glad to get rid of it.

Which company did you get your bike at? I will scratch from the list if I make it up to BKK. Thanks

The ER6-n is a better choice these days in my opinion. There is no need to shoulder the risk of buying a grey import bike which you don't know the history or legality of any more.

For me the 6 is a little to high in the seat height. My brothers son had one in Nevada & being 5'4 the bike is too high up for me to get a good balance with 2 feet. That & not going much more than 20-30 kilos once a week is more bike than I need.

I had a 500 four in the states that at a difference of 15 hp the 500 would keep up with the ern6. The gearing is almost not comparable of the 2 bikes. I would really rather have a 1000cc & up but not practical for Pattaya city driving. And I do love Kawi's. If it wasn't such a nightmare I would have a bike shipped from California. They are dirt cheap right now.

The ER6-n is a better choice these days in my opinion. There is no need to shoulder the risk of buying a grey import bike which you don't know the history or legality of any more.

And how much does a ER6-n cost?

About 180,000 for a 2009 model.

Edited by madjbs

I don't know about anyone else, but the 600's are a little 'big' for Bangkok traffic for example. The 400's have an appeal all of their own which makes them so popular. Good performance, good handling, not too big or heavy. Bein an import tho, they do tend to be quite pricey, at least for the good ones.

I don't know about anyone else, but the 600's are a little 'big' for Bangkok traffic for example. The 400's have an appeal all of their own which makes them so popular. Good performance, good handling, not too big or heavy. Bein an import tho, they do tend to be quite pricey, at least for the good ones.

Yes that is amazing in Thailand I can get a 400 honda 4 for about the same price of a 1000cc. newer bike in the states. I just saw a 98 1125 Buell advertised in California for $3825.00 Granted the price was to low so I called the family & found out the husband got killed on their other big bike & they just wanted to get rid of the bad memory. No way would I consider that big of a crotch rocket for Pattaya -Bang Saray area unless I was thinking of making serious road trips. I may have to get a Honda 600 super 4 as they are running only 20-30,000 baht more. I will try to rent one & see how nimble it is snaking through traffic. The super 4's naked are not huge if they are naked without the gaudy crash bars & maybe only case savers(the smaller variety). I have stayed away from older bikes & bought new because of the title shuffle ,but I want to get a decent ride with some kick ass so at 100-120 kilo's it feels sake & the bigger rides keep the a-holes from pushing you out of the way! good luck on your search!

Which company did you get your bike at? I will scratch from the list if I make it up to BKK. Thanks

I have sent you PM.

The bikes with papers only are insurable with company's and are usually a lot cheaper, as long as I didn't go out of the province where it was registered it was supposed to be OK, I did not really like that.

The bike was genuine and Honda were very helpful, they 1997 the frame and 1999 'ed the engine.biggrin.png

CB400 is quite a heavy bike and is quite high seat position recommend OP try's one out first.

Seems the CB400 is probably the most popular non Thai big bike in Thailand? Certainly around Bangkok.

Bizarrely I saw a Thai repairing his by the side of the road this evening in Hwuay Kwang; it was a bit dark but I saw him using his lighter to melt something that looked like a gasket or something. Looked like a real botched repair. You seem some strange things in Thailand?