Furniture Shopping

StefanNutz

I want to buy furniture for my terrace and so I am seeking for some adresses and shops. Can anybody give me some advice? Mainly I am looking for well crafted but affordable chairs and tables. It should be well designed and maybe even hand made. So I am willing to spend some money if the quality is really good. I like all kind of retro or vintage stuff, So design is an important part for me.

right now I think the weekend market might have some good deals but I can't really remember the selection cause last time I have been there is years ago and I wasn't after furniture at all.

So any hints are highly appreciated!

best,

S.

I still think that going up to Chiang Mai is worth the trip when it comes to good and selective furniture. I am buying a lot from Thaweephan Furniture and found them not only cheap but also very good in quality. For Bangkok, there is a large place in Laksi, close to the Laksi / Vibahavadee Intersection ( basically when you come from the round about it is on your left, about 200 mtrs before Vibhavadee - Chaeng Wattana Soi 3). They have a lot of Outdoor / Patio Furniture.

Head over to the BOI show at the Impact Exhibition Center between now and Jan 20 and peruse several possible sources.

They had some nice looking outdoorsy type furniture in some of the exhibits. I didn't check pricing as I was on my own mission, but everyone is claiming "BOI Show Discounts" I'll let you decide if they're really discounts. The furniture I noticed was in Halls 1,2 and 3- the big room full of all kinds of stuff- some for sale, others just on exhibit. Even if you don't find what you want, it's worth a look- kind of like a "Thai only tiny little World's Fair" with lines leading to some exhibits that make me suspect they were pretty good. Sadly, I don't do lines when I'm on a mission.

Good luck!