Where To Buy A Christmas Tree?

Gappui

Hi, I'm a Thai who wants to buy a Christmas tree for my wife. We spent the last 8 years in the US. and she misses having the Christmas tree around the house.

I checked with Villa supermarket, and the 2 meter one is B 4,900. I never bought a Christmas tree more expensive than $50.

So I stumbled upon this website and thought you guys must know where to get a good deal. Any advice will be appreciated.

Btw, we live in Bangkok, near Ramintra rd.

Just put up the 6' christmas tree we bought at Big C 4 years ago for 370 baht and its still looking good. I still cant get over how inexpensive the trees, lights, and decorations are here.

Edited by COBBER

So, what if I wanted a real tree? I see loads of pine-ish looking trees higher up in the mountains, but chances are they woulnd't last long down in city temperatures..?

Possible? What type of tree/shrub would you use?

For me it's not the type of tree that counts but just participating in the ancient pagan tradition of dressing up a piece of nature.

I'd dress up a palm tree but it's just too hazardous to get all the way up to where decorations can be succesfully attached. The Durian-lantern for Halloween was a hoot, too, if somewhat smelly.

So.. suggestions? :o

> yesterday on Fox News they were debating the political correctness of

> "Christmas" tree - there was a nerd pushing for it to be changed to

> "Holiday" tree.

That never seizes to amaze me. (That they always find leftist leaning gay looking nerds actually willing to come to the Fox studio to be be slaughtered by usual cast of characters and associated book-authors. :D )

Lucky your not in the good old USA now - yesterday on Fox News they were debating the political correctness of "Christmas" tree  - there was a nerd pushing for it to be changed to "Holiday" tree. :o

<deleted>.....

maybe they should call it idiots tree in honour of theirself :D

Lucky your not in the good old USA now - yesterday on Fox News they were debating the political correctness of "Christmas" tree  - there was a nerd pushing for it to be changed to "Holiday" tree. :o

<deleted>.....

You'd be surprised - amazes me how far political correctness has come. They asked some of the Nobs - what national day you have off on 25 DEC. They begrudgingly said Christmas, but if they had their way - no more Christmas holiday. :D

I'm surprised they are not proposing the name "freedom" tree :D

<deleted>.....

You'd be surprised - amazes me how far political correctness has come. They asked some of the Nobs - what national day you have off on 25 DEC. They begrudgingly said Christmas, but if they had their way - no more Christmas holiday. :D