Schweppes Tonic

I am sure that you are correct re the plant being flooded. There has been a drought of Schweppes products pretty well since the floods. Ditto Lipton's Peach Tea.

You just have to keep on searching.

I did find some in my local newsagent a week ago, but now it has all gone. She cannot re-stock. Just keep trying the mama/papa places. Some still have old stock - but not for long. I am sure that the bars are sending out raiding parties.

I have been in the same situation, not had Tonic for over a month. I tried everywhere, all over the island with no luck.

But I got lucky today, someone I now that runs a girlie bar has just dropped of two dozen cans!

I think that might be your best bet, ask around at Lady bars and see if they can get you some.

Good luck and hope you get some.

I looked everywhere for it for weeks, and finally found some at Tops, just a few days ago. Maybe they're starting to produce again . . . but I still don't see it anywhere else, and what was there wasn't much, probably gone by now.

I run a very busy bar and we use large suppliers in Nathon for our drink deliveries. We have not had a Schweppes Tonic can delivered now for over 3 weeks, I've search high and low and there's nowt that I can find... Just have to hold on until BKK sorts itself out!!

I got a box of Schweppes tonic in glass bottles from Tesco one week/10 days ago., 9 baht each I recall

Forgot to say in KPG :-)

Gin & tonic for everybody! licklips.gif

On my way Anguid. thumbsup.gif

Danm - it's high season - too <deleted> busy. Next break - February! Ugh

Just a thought. Some years ago, we used to be able to buy bottles of Schweppes Tonic Water. has anyone seen them lately? unsure.png

Edited by Tropicalevo

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, the Malaysian owned factory in Ayuddhaya was flooded and there is no current Tonic production in Thailand. All supplies are being imported from Malaysia but as the same factory is also supplying Coke to Thailand and the demand for Coke is most certainly higher here than for Tonic I don't think there is much coming in and I guess it gets as far as BKK and that's it, although Samui, Phuket etc probably consume more tonic than BKK....I managed to pick up a slab from my friend's boat which has just come up from Malaysia!!

Yes, the Malaysian owned factory in Ayuddhaya was flooded and there is no current Tonic production in Thailand. All supplies are being imported from Malaysia but as the same factory is also supplying Coke to Thailand and the demand for Coke is most certainly higher here than for Tonic I don't think there is much coming in and I guess it gets as far as BKK and that's it, although Samui, Phuket etc probably consume more tonic than BKK....I managed to pick up a slab from my friend's boat which has just come up from Malaysia!!

Sealed bids or open auction?giggle.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Result. Makro had some yesterday and I managed to get one tray of 24.

Apparently one factory in Bangkok is still not producing due to the flooding and the other factory is primarily producing their biggest seller, Coke.

It is only when they have good stocks of that they change the production line to Tonic, Manao soda, etc. for short runs until they revert to Coke again

Early May before stocks are expected to return to normal levels.