Police Detect Mafia Movement At Bangkok's Chatuchak Market

webfact

" They have not conducted any activities yet?" Of course all Mafiosi would tell them what they're doing. Or is the police boss on their pay list? I'm confused, but I can sleep much better now knowing the truth about a joke.....jap.gif

These Sicilians certainly get around, do they need work permits here?

Exactly right anterian.

Why do the media and police refer to these illegal gangs as Mafia? I doubt they actually have a Sicillian connection. Why not just use the Thai name? (whatever that is)

A post has been removed due to possible violation of copyright and non compliance of fair use. It is generally accepted, but not written into law, that quoting the first two or three sentences of an article and giving a link to the source is considered “fair use” and not a violation of copyright.

The police are upset because they recognize another mafia (than themselves) extorting their victims in Chatuchak...So they ask the newspaper to put out an article to see what other government entities are in on the action (lest they arrest some detective or politician and spoil the game). Stinking corruption up to their necks!

I'm shocked, shocked to find that the mafia is here!

"Casablanca" (1942)

Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?

Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!

[a croupier hands Renault a pile of money]

Croupier: Your winnings, sir.

Captain Renault: [sotto voce] Oh, thank you very much.

[aloud]

Captain Renault: Everybody out at once!

Exactly right anterian.

Why do the media and police refer to these illegal gangs as Mafia? I doubt they actually have a Sicillian connection. Why not just use the Thai name? (whatever that is)

most people use the term for underground activities, or illegal gangs/organisations, why just confine it to it's suppose origin, it fits the bill, so why nit pick. This government control the police ??? if the police don't use the right word or not operate to their job description, get rid of them. You do a lot of defending the regime.

The mafia are people working for the police. Sometimes they will catch drug dealers and let the police take credit. They do most of the hard work for the police. In return, they are allowed to extort 'protection money' from the vendors. They know that if they don't get paid, someone else will. The police know who covers which area and makes sure there are no conflicts. At times the police gets paid by the existing mafia to settle disputes when their territories overlap. Therefore, it is important to have policemen as referees over the gang leaders and make sure that no violence errupts. In summary, the vendors are the losers.

Dear all:

Some think that war existed in our world before mankind arrived...insidiously waiting...knowing that we'd fit-in, nicely.

The "outfit" is always represented at any hi-so function I've attended.

The word "economy" now includes "narconomy" wherein the Sicilians are primary global distributors of you-know-what.

Kind regards

Exactly right anterian.

most people use the term for underground activities, or illegal gangs/organisations, why just confine it to it's suppose origin, it fits the bill, so why nit pick. This government control the police ??? if the police don't use the right word or not operate to their job description, get rid of them. You do a lot of defending the regime.

"most people use the term for underground activities" only in Thailand.

The Cosa Nostra have branches in many western countries but in Asia is seems to be sewn up by the Russians, triads, yakusa and Nigerians.