New Law Prohibits Foreigners To Register Their Name In The Building Permit ?

hello,

I would like to know if someone heard about a new thai law prohibits foreigners to register their name in the building permit ? I want to build my house on lease land (30 years). What kind of document i can get to prove i'm the owner of this house?

Thanks licklips.gif

A few threads on this in the past, perhaps search.

AFAIK there is no 'new' law. Bribery request aside local interpretation varies alot (even in the same place) and I suspect the mention of a 'new' law is just an excuse for the wind changing where you wish to build.

BP's have been denied because foreigner, also foreigner without apppropriate visa / certificate of residence and or work permit. Also, offshore companies have been denied them as no incountry address / business etc..

Some foreigners and offshore companies have had no problems getting them, but the wind can change often.

In your case if its not a bribery request (usually made clear straight after the 'cannot') the BP can be held in the name of the construction company (with a decently drafted construction contract) and on completion ownership can be transferred to you and registered at the Land Office.

Not having the BP in your name can offer some help (but not a shield) to avoid some of the murkier traps of being alleged to be working illegally in relation to the construction.

Presumably what you want to build is allowed by local regulations on that plot and you have permission under the lease?

Edited by thaiwanderer