What Is The Absolute Cheapest Way To Get From Bangkok To London?

notnek

That's great I wonder how much lower they go with no,clothes and no moneysmile.png

Perhaps by using their 7kg carry-on, plus 2kg handbag/manbag/laptop-bag allowance ? Tight, but it can be done, as a friend proved to me last winter !clap2.gif

Just got an email from Jet Airways, saying that they will have a sale on 13th & 14th January only, with fully-inclusive (no changes & no refunds) BKK-LHR-BKK for B22,405, might be worth looking on Friday or Saturday !

Jet Airways also allow 32kg check-in luggage weight, way more than the others. I usually take about 16-18kg carry-on too so adds a lot of value to the ticket price.

Note that while LHR-BKK-LHR gets you 32kgs hold-luggage, BKK-LHR-BKK is only allowed 28kgs, the devil is in-the-detail as-always !jap.gif

Mate, if your that hard up why not work a bit longer and save up more or better still forget Bangkok and come back to the UK and get a job.

You must be living on the bones of your arse mate.

Not for me.

If I were the OP, I'd tell you to go **** yourself.

You have no idea of his circumstances.

My family and I are going back to UK for the first time for 6 years as it's been too expensive - should I go back to the UK and get a job and save? This trip is going to cost me around 300,000 baht and that's not including expenses in the UK.

If you have time, you can travel many exciting ways. You don't want to end up miserably working your ass off in the UK and coming here when you retire and die a year later. Live for today!

What about travelling by boat? My grandmother, who loves to travel, came by boat here once - I think it was with the navy.

Why would he want to do that? Its a valid point, if you cant afford to travel home then there is something fundamentally wrong with your budgeting.

And the Jet Airways flight IS on, today & tomorrow only, with BKK-LHR-BKK priced at B22,890 ! Grab it while it lasts !

And after initial problems with MasterCard, I managed to book 3 different tickets (one for out mid-June & back end-July !) at this excellent price (which includes all fees/charges/taxes), which seems to apply for travel up-to the end of September, however seats-available were predictably going fast, and today is the second/final day of the offer !

Edited by Ricardo

im currently looking at going back to the uk around march 20, returning late may/early april. currently, the cheapest price i can find is around 30k with air india (not including insurance). is this a reasonable price and has anyone flown with air india before? are they to be avoided?

A lot of sailing websites are looking for crew. No experiance required as yachts are easy to sail in one direction and not racing. I did a yacht delivary from miami to near new york with no experiance. the skipper hired me short notice, will never forget that trip :-)

im currently looking at going back to the uk around march 20, returning late may/early april. currently, the cheapest price i can find is around 30k with air india (not including insurance). is this a reasonable price and has anyone flown with air india before? are they to be avoided?

Check this bit, it might help with the dates :)

April is before May. So is that late April Early May?

Check this bit, it might help with the dates smile.png

April is before May. So is that late April Early May?

that would be correct. oops!

That's great I wonder how much lower they go with no,clothes and no moneysmile.png

Perhaps by using their 7kg carry-on, plus 2kg handbag/manbag/laptop-bag allowance ? Tight, but it can be done, as a friend proved to me last winter !clap2.gif

Just got an email from Jet Airways, saying that they will have a sale on 13th & 14th January only, with fully-inclusive (no changes & no refunds) BKK-LHR-BKK for B22,405, might be worth looking on Friday or Saturday !

Jet Airways also allow 32kg check-in luggage weight, way more than the others. I usually take about 16-18kg carry-on too so adds a lot of value to the ticket price.

Note that while LHR-BKK-LHR gets you 32kgs hold-luggage, BKK-LHR-BKK is only allowed 28kgs, the devil is in-the-detail as-always !jap.gif

It's 32kg both ways - I've done it. In fact LHR check-in didn't even look at the weight, the lady said she doesn't bother as it's difficult to get more than 32kg into a standard/large suitcase.