Patong?

sharastani

Looking to come to Phuket in February. I have been to Samui several times and I think its about time I tried something different.

I will be coming with my wife, looking to be able to chill out in a nice hotel, enjoy a decent beach, walk around a few shops and stalls and eat nice food. I understand that the girly bars and downmarket places are easily avaoided.

Looking at the Holiday Inn to stay. Please advise if you recomemend something different. Looking to spend upto GBP100 per night. I have used sawadee.com in the past and they seem about the cheapest.

If not Patong would you recommend Kata or Karon.

Depends on your age and what you enjoy...

I personally would dissagree that the girly bars are easy to avoid as that really is Patongs whole nightlife zone and if your not here for nightlife then Patong is not where I would stay... I enjoy the bars discos etc and dont mind the girly bar aspect as its easy to ignore for me, that said I dont know if I would be bringing my wife to Patong on vacation.

Depends on your comfort level.. Its a fun town with lots of party potential, thats both a possible plus and minus.

Depends on your age and what you enjoy...

I personally would dissagree that the girly bars are easy to avoid as that really is Patongs whole nightlife zone and if your not here for nightlife then Patong is not where I would stay... I enjoy the bars discos etc and dont mind the girly bar aspect as its easy to ignore for me, that said I dont know if I would be bringing my wife to Patong on vacation.

Depends on your comfort level.. Its a fun town with lots of party potential, thats both a possible plus and minus.

#

Thanks LivinLOS - I and my wife are in mid thirties. Enjoy decent restaurants, bars (without the bar girls) and shopping (both shops and your local thai traders).

I just wanted to avoid places where there is just nice hotels and nothing else within a short walking distance. Only to end up getting taxi's and Tuk tuks everywhere..

Sharastani,

As already recommended, try Kata or Karon beach. Patong's nightlife is hard to avoid. You can always check out Patong one day or night on a litle side trip.

There's real nice shopping opportunities, I really liked the Central complex, a little bit away from all places but worthwhile the trip.

Agree.

Patong is a bit OTT. You can't really get away from the "nightlife".

Amari is very nice though  :o

Have a great trip.

:D

yeah she was ! just kidding . you want a nicer beach go to kata or karon , much nicer not as many resturaunts but the beaches are much better . staying at the holiday wouldnt be bad but 2 blocks and youre at bangla rd (nitelife). i love it !