Ftp Program - Need Suggestions Pc And Mac

MisterMan

Hi I have been using Filezilla and keep getting viruis on my websites. After some research it I found out that it is easy to get into the Filezilla PW.

So please recommend somethign for me, freeware is ideal. If not then why it is worth it to pay.

Thank you

FTP is insecure by design anyway. Are you talking about an FTP server that you're running on a remote host (your "website") or you're concerned about file transfers when uploading files to your webserver via FTP.

if it's for file transfers from your host to your webserver, then use sftp if possible. (what's the remote OS?)

if you're running an FTP server then please specify the OS.

When using a Mac, you can't beat Transmit. It's not free though, but well worth the money in my opinion. It also supports SFTP and a host of other protocols and it has the neat little feature which allows you to mount remote hosts, allowing easy access through Finder.

When using a Mac, you can't beat Transmit. It's not free though, but well worth the money in my opinion. It also supports SFTP and a host of other protocols and it has the neat little feature which allows you to mount remote hosts, allowing easy access through Finder.

I did read in the mac forums tht Transmit was teh best but I just dont think I am tech enough to take advantage of the features as I have no idea what mounting a hoste means.

Hi I have been using Filezilla and keep getting viruis on my websites

More likely to be security holes on your websites. If you are running any kind of popular software on your sites (Joomla, osCommerce, Wordpress etc..) then you can be 99% sure that's where the virus' are coming from; not someone hacking your FTP passwords.

Edited by dave111223

Filezilla will only transfer what you have on your computer

and it sound to me as though you are sending the viruses yourself.

What anti-virus sw do you use?

I use Filezilla, the sftp setting, to transfer files to and from my seedbox

and have not experienced any problems