Pattaya Hotels - 400 Bht?

bells88

Hi guys,

I'm heading to Pattaya at the weekend and just wanted to know if they're are any cheap hotels close to the beach. Would rather be away from the nightlife scene so not fussed about being too central but would like to be within easy walking distance of the beach. Trying to do this trip on the cheap so any recommendations around the 400-500bht range would be great.

Thanks

Hi guys,

I'm heading to Pattaya at the weekend and just wanted to know if they're are any cheap hotels close to the beach. Would rather be away from the nightlife scene so not fussed about being too central but would like to be within easy walking distance of the beach. Trying to do this trip on the cheap so any recommendations around the 400-500bht range would be great.

Thanks

been a year or so, but last I was there, several places had rooms in that range on soi 'bow cow'/boe kaew

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Lots of board members, like so many bar girls, revel in alluding to people as being cheap, stingy or whatever for venturing into Soi Buakao. In many cases, the exact same services are available from the same staff members, who may flit from Walking Street and back... for a better price. Tons of beer bars, at least 4 go-gos, plenty of laundry shops, plenty of restaurants and enough variance in hotel prices to satisfy pretty much everyone.

Some one called it a zoo. The moniker zoo could be applied to Walking Street, Beach Road, Soi 6, Pattaya Land, Boys Town, The Beach etc. It's Pattaya, and no matter how much we like or dislike it, it is a zoo.

And remember, a Cheap Charlie is a person who you feel should be spending more money. The guy spending 10k baht per night at the Dusit could look at someone spending 5k per night at the Marriot and call him a Cheap Charlie, that guy at the Marriot looks at the guy at the LK Metropole spend 2.5k per night and calls him a Cheap Charlie, the guy at the Metropole looks at the guy at Pattaya Baywalk Hotel and so on until you hit the guy spending 180 baht per night at that dump on Soi Chaiyapoon.

Anyway, I came across a place on Soi Lengkee... From Soi Buakao walk past the Opey, past the J&P and when you get to FamilyMart (or the next corner, I cannot remember) turn right, walk about 20 meters and to your right you will see a hotel/longterm place. The front door had many plants around it and the lobby is upstairs. I forgot the name, but I took a look. It was very, very quiet and the small rooms are very near to your price point.

Also past that same Family Mart, and on the same side of the street, there was one place advertising rooms from 500 baht per night. Free WiFi and a nice little cafe nearby.

I think you need to read the OP's post. He clearly states he does NOT want to be near the nightlife scene, but near the beach. Central Pattaya is pretty much all about nightlife? Right? And for sure Soi Buakao.

If that's the case, Jomtien, Nakula or Pratumnak areas might be better?

Right now, most of the Guest houses in Pattaya consider this the "High Season", and still have very few customers to support that claim. Most Guest houses charge for one night a simple room 500 - 600 THB, even higher in some places. The Guest houses are usually occupied by men who pick up money boys from Jomtiem beach and those places are usually crowed on weekends or during the holiday's.

You will find many good quality Guests houses back behind Day - Night plaza which is not far from Sunni Plaza. They are good and pretty affortable. Enjoy your trip.

Hotels - Well, you will have to contact them personally to get a rate.

If that's the case, for sure avoid Central Pattaya. I did a long walk in Nakula 2 days ago. Very nice beach, lots of couples there, places to eat. Some nightlife, but more towards the main road....mostly.

Pratumnak Hill is also nice, with a nice beach there and almost no entertainment venues. Jomtien is a bit sketchy, IMHO. The beach is OK. A few nice places a bit further down from the main area. Very crowded with Thais on the weekends.

Soi BUAKHOW is good for hotels and you get good rates. Especially good good around the junction with soi LENGKEE. Try New Nikom Court. Clean good staff good location. I think your a bit optimistic with 400 baht though, aim about 7-800 baht and there are a ton of options.

Soi BUAKHOW is good for hotels and you get good rates. Especially good good around the junction with soi LENGKEE. Try New Nikom Court. Clean good staff good location. I think your a bit optimistic with 400 baht though, aim about 7-800 baht and there are a ton of options.

Sorry, but IMHO, not good for single women. Even for some single men.

There are better areas around town for her. Please read her post and reply carefully.

Sorry, but IMHO, not good for single women. Even for some single men.

There are better areas around town for her. Please read her post and reply carefully.

probably in the wrong city if soi boi kaew is too much for u -

man or woman. its also within walking distance to the beach...unless a km is too far...if that's the case, a retirement home might be a better choice.

man or woman. its also within walking distance to the beach...unless a km is too far...if that's the case, a retirement home might be a better choice.

Kinda hard to compare hotels in soi Buakao with places like the Dusit Thani, Sheraton or Royal Cliff. Apples to oranges. Retirement home not needed.

Kinda hard to compare hotels in soi Buakao with places like the Dusit Thani, Sheraton or Royal Cliff. Apples to oranges. Retirement home not needed.

hey, if she can stay at the sheraton for 400 baht a night... that's a great plan.

My choice would be Jomtien. lot's of 500bht rooms 2-3 mins walk from the beach, and easy to get into Pattaya for a walk around in the evening.

Cha am is also worth a visit. It has a very similar layout to Jomtien, but a bit quieter.

Hi ,

I have used the Prominee guest house in Soi Buakow before . It is a good hotel with air con , fridge, cable t.v. and not long ago had a refit . Fan rooms are 350bt a night and aircon is 400bt with friendly reception. Their phone number is 038-720450.

Jomtien is nice, but then you have to catch a baht bus everytime you want to get to Pattaya, or hire a scooter.

A place that I have stayed at for 3 weeks in Soi Bukhao which is really great is Target Regency Pattaya: http://www.targetreg...promotions.html

I think I had a deluxe room. You get a bed, cable tv, good air conditioning, keycard entry, wifi, safe and a clean thai bathroom. Rooms are cleaned every second day, but towels are available daily.

It is a nice part of Soi Bukhao, you can walk to Central shopping centre in less than 5 minutes, and then walk through there to beach road.

Target manager is friendly, and Target also has a porper massage shop as part of the property, and a small bar which opens on the street.

There is an open air afternoon/night market 30 seconds away, with cheap clothes, nail technicians and at night, cheap food.

If you want even closer to the action, http://www.henryapartmentpattaya.com/ is also 500 a night and probably cheaper by the week. They are one minute from the walking street sign (and beach), but at night you can't hear any nightlife so it is good. Entrance is via on alley near the corner of 2nd road and south pattaya road. Decent enough room but some rooms have no sunlight and safety boxes are behind 24 hour reception.

Edited by zanny

Jomtien is nice, but then you have to catch a baht bus everytime you want to get to Pattaya, or hire a scooter.

A place that I have stayed at for 3 weeks in Soi Bukhao which is really great is Target Regency Pattaya: http://www.targetreg...promotions.html

I think I had a deluxe room. You get a bed, cable tv, good air conditioning, keycard entry, wifi, safe and a clean thai bathroom. Rooms are cleaned every second day, but towels are available daily.

It is a nice part of Soi Bukhao, you can walk to Central shopping centre in less than 5 minutes, and then walk through there to beach road.

Target manager is friendly, and Target also has a porper massage shop as part of the property, and a small bar which opens on the street.

There is an open air afternoon/night market 30 seconds away, with cheap clothes, nail technicians and at night, cheap food.

If you want even closer to the action, http://www.henryapartmentpattaya.com/ is also 500 a night and probably cheaper by the week. They are one minute from the walking street sign (and beach), but at night you can't hear any nightlife so it is good. Entrance is via on alley near the corner of 2nd road and south pattaya road. Decent enough room but some rooms have no sunlight and safety boxes are behind 24 hour reception.

Sorry, don't mean to be rude, but I'd hardly call any part of Bukhao nice. The smell walking around is intense! The traffic is crazy.