The Usual Visa Confusion

My wife, I and my daughter are currently in Thailand and have been here for over three years now on a variety of visas Non-B, Multiple tourist, Non-ED etc...

My wife is Indonesian 23 I am British 26 and my daughter is also British under 2

We are travelling to visit family in the UK at xmas and are unsure what visas we should go for n order to return. Currently my daughter is on over-stay and my wife and I are on tourist visas.

We do not work in LOS and wish to obtain visas for all of us to be here long termish. A Thai friend suggested that it is possible for people of our age to be granted Non-O visas on the basis of a 'social visit' i.e. you have friends here. I am especially keen that it is not necessary for my daughter to have to cross the border more than say annually.

I am planning to apply the the Consulate in Cardiff by post just as soon as we get back to the UK but don't know what I should apply for... can anyone offer any assistance??? Many thanks.

For anyone wishing to attack me for my daughter being on overstay here is the reason...

post-10481-1133412202_thumb.jpg

You probably should be looking into setting up some kind of company here if you intend to stay long term as do not believe the non immigrant O visa is as easy to obtain as it once was. The child is not a problem as you already know.

One of the best choices if you have the money is the 3 million baht investment route. That could be a condo for your use. This is obtained under specific condition from immigration and if that is a possibility would advise you speak with them about it to make sure you meet the exact requirements.

I should also think getting the non-imm 'B' is a good route for you, especially in light of what has just been posted about only needing 1 Thai employee for certain types of businesses to get your 1 year business extension.

For good information on going this route read through this thread:

O To B Or Just Start With B?, what is B all about?

But keep in mind that the 'big' company no longer needs to be so big (perhaps only 1 Thai employee). Though I am not sure what this would mean in terms of a spouse or child visa. If Ian goes this route for himself would the wife be able to be a tag-on or would 1 more Thai employee be necessary? And what about the child?

Options...

Option 1. Investment visa. Invest 3 million in a fix deposit, government bonds or a condo. Your wife and child can obtain a dependant visa. No need to travel with this type of visa.

Option 2. Form a company and be a business consultant. Get a work permit and hire 1 Thai to obtain a extension of stay permit based on business. Your wife and child are dependents on this visa and no requirement to leave the country.

Option 3. Obtain a one year multi entry visa in Cardiff and then do 90 day visas run. You will need a Thai company to sponsor you for this type of visa and we can help.

With option 1 and option 2 you would get a 90 day visa in Cardiff.

www.lawyer.th.com