I Cant Get A Credit Card For My Siam Bank Account

radiola

I called phone support, they told me come to tha branch, bring passport and you will get it. She asked me if I have work permit? I told he no.....

She said ok, you can get CC no problem but you will have to keep 50% of the money as a security.

I come to branch, they look me like dummies, i mean the bank staff is just stupid.

Manager told me to bring bank book, he will give me cc, he called call center and that woman explained him, I dont need a work permit.

I come next day with passport, bookbank, he said sorry, we dont give cc if you not have WP, he called call center and another person told him, it is not possible.

I spoke to a girl in call center 2 days ago, she says ok, you ca get it.

That woman should be fired imemdiately. I have seen this stupidity in many places, like they dont care, they are too stuid to be doing this kind of work or just pure lazyness to update their brain with new data.

I really dont like this bank. They cant give me a stupid CC to purchase iphone

A WP is normally required as well as a Non Immigrant Visa.

Credit cards are very difficult to get if you have none of the above, I got mine from KTC, cheeky buggers put "SENIOR" in big letter in the top right hand corner or it.

I got mine from KTC, cheeky buggers put "SENIOR" in big letter in the top right hand corner or it.

If the shoe fits . . . . .

It fits okay, but thought it was a bit cheeky... happy that I got one, but will probably never use it.

I applied to Kbank for a credit card and I was told the same thing.

No work permit, no credit card.

I understand what they mead and just live without it.

Unfortunately those are the rules in Thailand.

Why should the woman be fired just because she made a simple mistake, an easy thing to do when you are working in 2 languages.

Take a chill pill and cool down.

If you desperately need an Iphone use an offshore card or pay cash.

It is as easy as that.

Have a Visa issued by SCB and an American Express credit card issued in Thailand. I'm on a retirement extension, therefore no work permit. I think that it just depends on the mood that they are in on the day that you,apply.

Have a Visa issued by SCB and an American Express credit card issued in Thailand. I'm on a retirement extension, therefore no work permit. I think that it just depends on the mood that they are in on the day that you,apply.

Or maybe they look at the state of you and your finances before making a decision.

Do you have to use a credit card to buy an iPhone? Can't you use cash?

Sounds like the OP is more p*ssed at not being able to buy an iPhone on credit than not getting a CC. I wonder if he has a CC issued by a provider in his home country? Why not use that? or cash. If he needs credit to by an iPhone chances are he can't pay off the CC when the time comes.

I am looking for iphone anywhere, they quoted me 4500 more than from iphone shop, so you see why I dont go to stupid MBK and support those scammers

I am pissed I cant get iphone, and no I will no pay 100 euro more just some MBK idiot can pay rent.

I have cc from my home bank, but the limit is set too low, so I cant charge it for 500 eur

I think I am going to pass on Iphone, because the new one is coming out in winter probably

I am looking for iphone anywhere, they quoted me 4500 more than from iphone shop, so you see why I dont go to stupid MBK and support those scammers

I am pissed I cant get iphone, and no I will no pay 100 euro more just some MBK idiot can pay rent.

I have cc from my home bank, but the limit is set too low, so I cant charge it for 500 eur

I think I am going to pass on Iphone, because the new one is coming out in winter probably

I have a Nokia 1280. I think it was 695Baht at Tesco, works fine. smile.png

I have a Nokia 1280. I think it was 695Baht at Tesco, works fine. smile.png

Yes but winding it up every 20 minutes is a pain eh. laugh.png

• Like 1

Before you sign on the line for a Thai credit card check the small print on liability for fraudulent use.

You'll realise they are probably doing you a favour by not giving you a Thai Credit Card.

Edited by GuestHouse

nokia yes, i have it for 1 year, it is almost unusable, the gps is not working, the buttons lost the color, horrible, i bought it beause of gps and nokia maps, the bloody thing stopped working after 1 month,

Edited by radiola

If you just need a card to buy your new phone online you could use a Thai debit card, certainly Kasikorn debit cards can be registered for use online, and I assume other banks offer the same facility.

Anyone can get one of those, no need to deposit funds to borrow your own money or run up debt.