Looking For Condo To Rent

sharktooth

hi,

i am currently looking to rent a property in chiang mai starting february 2012. i will be renting the place for between 6 months to 2 years, depending on if i find it suitable.

i seem to be getting a les than enthusiastic reply from the enquiries i have sent to around seven real estate agencies in chiang mai, so was wondering if anyone on here has property or knows of a private landlord who has a property that falls within my requirements?

basically, what i am looking for is as follows:

1, budget is approximately 17,000 baht/month

2, nimmanhaemin area preferable, or similar. i would like to find a place that is QUIET (i.e getting to sleep quiet, without drum and bass pumping through the walls), but not far from local amenities: shops, restaurants etc.

3, condo must be fully furnished and have either one or two seperate bedrooms, washing machine and balcony

4, i prefer a higher floor, 6th or higher, not a low floor

5, condo complex must have gym/fitnes center and swimming pool

6, private parking space

7, NO pets

8, internet and cable/satellite tv

9, nice view from balcony

please pm me if you can help.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Dtown Hotel is nowhere close to Nimmanheiman.

Also, we found that the noise level is much better at 4 - 5 floor, not way up high in a high rise. (Lived on two floors of the same building) At the lower levels, the other buildings and trees block the noise. At the higher levels you hear everything for miles around. Remember sound travel "up not just "out".

I'm not surprised the OP is getting a less than forthright response when trying to arrange accomodation via email. Best to come to the area, rent for a few weeks at someplace like The Dome (a serviced apartment between Nimmanheiman and Kad Suan Kaew) and then start looking around in person.

If the OP has a motorbike, then the newer condos out on Canal Rd. could be a good option, otherwise Hillside Condo 4 comes to mind for someone who doesn't want to risk using a motorcycle. Best to look in person, though.

I agree with NancyL but i only wanted show how much condos cost in CM. Also he wanted that ara with no further reason; probably becauseh heard from someone it is nice to live. wen you use the superhighway you easy can drive there in 10 to 15 minutes from Tung Hotel road. D-Town is very flexible with the rental period so if you want to rent or 1 month the same low rent is applicable. rent one monts and go look for you prefeencsis the best advice. The noise is not true. on 10t floor you hear other noise than on the 4th floor! long distance noise is of different strength sort distane noise (4th floor) is direct street activity noise which i frequent and for many people disturbing. the trees is very unwated asell because you have heaps of mosquitos on th level. we have had all those experiences in the same buildings as well. normally on the 10th or higher you have no mosquitos and a fresh air that can ventilate your appartment a no cost and low noise.

success!

I agree with Nancy. I lived in two different buildings on the 9th and 15th floor. Both were very noisy. I could hear the noise from a highway over a mile away. I now sleep in the bedroom on the second floor of a townhouse on a very busy street, but there are plenty of trees and bushes so it is much quieter.

One reason that you may have trouble finding an enthusiastic real estate agent is that with your requirements, there are very few options and most are going to cost more than your budget. There are a limited number of buildings in the Nimman area with a pool and gym. Apartments with one or two separate bedrooms usually go for more than 17,000. It's still high season here and there isn't much of a supply of those types of condos in that area and even fewer might be available right now.

And if you're looking for a building with a private parking lot, I assume that means you have a car. If so, ignore Skippy's advice. It can take forever to drive to the Nimman area from the other side of town. But you probably know that already.

Good luck.

I don't know of any condos on Nimmanhamin with a swimming pool and fitness center. Hillside 4 is close to Nimmanhamin and has a swimming pool and a large, poorly maintained fitness center. There are a couple of older condo buildings on Canal road with swimming pools, but I don't know about fitness centers.

Two property agencies in Chiang Mai that have better than average websites--lots of listing, easy to use, location information, etc., are www.chiangmaiproperties.co.th and www.chiangmaihouse.com. They can give you an idea of what the market has to offer.

cost for 2 bedroom/2 bathroom appartment furnished is approx 7000 baht per month (plus electric and water). have pool 11 levels, and medium standard. ample parking and a sports centre is across the road with pool, tennis, squash badminton and other sports. 5 minutes from the city centre and 1 minute from the super highway. 10 minutes to the airport. what do you want more?

I would want a <5 minute WALK to the downtown area (Thapae / Loi Kroh / Night Bazar or Riverside, or Nimman for people who like that scene), so there's a choice of bars and restaurants to walk to.

If I'm going to be driving along a Superhighway then I might as well live in San Sai or half way to Hang Dong.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I am currently staying at Green Hill Place on a 30 day lease and it might fit the bill for you. They have a website so just google them and you can see the different prices depending on how long you stay.

The price range for a one bedroom is right around your budget and the apartments are just on the other side of Huey Kaew from Nimmanhaemin. Three minute bike ride but set back from the main road so pretty peaceful.

The apartments are furnished with a balcony, although if I was staying longer than one month I would want to buy my own couch because they had to pick the most uncomfortable couch they could find for the living room.

There are three washing machines to use in the lobby, cable TV (only about 5 english speaking channels), internet, a great pool large enough for laps, an ok fitness room (5 cardio machines, one universal, and some dumbbells), large parking lot, and good views from the higher floors.

I don't know about pets but I haven't seen any expect for the local strays out in the soi's.

I looked at a bunch of places when I got on ground but it was hard to find something that was available for a 30 day lease. Since your staying for at least six months it will open up a lot more options. A lot of nice places on Canal Rd that were only available for six month minimums...Mountain View, Mountain Front, Touch Hill Place. Prices are higher but you might be able to negotiate on a long term stay.