Yingluck Calls On The Young To Be Wise, Disciplined

Lite Beer

What the heck ?

On Childrens' Day, the PM and a General are reported to tell Thai kids to be good kids, parents to be good parents, to adopt some basic buddhist principles, toss in a dash of tech-savy message, and people are complaining?

As for the Thai-ness and pride in country, I wonder if the posters decrying this come from countries which teach the kids not to be proud of their country and their heritage???

This is not a political piece, it is just a nice, "feel-good" story.

Try watching the film "They Live"

Tiansford, Yingluck will never be a mother Teresa, the childrens day show was MAYBE well meant and I agree her words were sweetmouthed to the kids, meant to sound good to the media, You attacking posters again, who actually were saying __HEY Yingluck, practice what you preach. When a primeminister is attending any function it is political if she is doing one thing and asking the kids to do another. your well meant posts are frequently bashed, Why??

you are right, here I am "attacking" (or maybe just reprimanding) the posters. At the least it was my observation. But seriously - Childrens' Day - the PM, the president, etc are going to have some official function for the kids. They will have a good message for the kids. It is a day for the kids, it will be reported. It is *not* a political story.

People too often have nothing more to do than attack people they don't like for any reason at all. At a 'drop of a hat' as it were.

Of course the PM is not an angel, and the General - no idea what he has done - but it is a day for the kids and the adults - including the leaders of the country - were sending them a good message (based on Thai / Buddhist culture) --- is there anyone who seriously thinks the message was wrong?

And the message was tuned for the kids, not for the media. I'm pretty sure that neither the PM nor the general were too worried about how the media would interpret their words to the kids.

Agree again and well said.

What the heck ?

On Childrens' Day, the PM and a General are reported to tell Thai kids to be good kids, parents to be good parents, to adopt some basic buddhist principles, toss in a dash of tech-savy message, and people are complaining?

As for the Thai-ness and pride in country, I wonder if the posters decrying this come from countries which teach the kids not to be proud of their country and their heritage???

Tiansford, Yingluck will never be a mother Teresa, the childrens day show was MAYBE well meant and I agree her words were sweetmouthed to the kids, meant to sound good to the media, You attacking posters again, who actually were saying __HEY Yingluck, practice what you preach. When a primeminister is attending any function it is political if she is doing one thing and asking the kids to do another. your well meant posts are frequently bashed, Why??

you are right, here I am "attacking" (or maybe just reprimanding) the posters. At the least it was my observation. But seriously - Childrens' Day - the PM, the president, etc are going to have some official function for the kids. They will have a good message for the kids. It is a day for the kids, it will be reported. It is *not* a political story.

People too often have nothing more to do than attack people they don't like for any reason at all. At a 'drop of a hat' as it were.

Of course the PM is not an angel, and the General - no idea what he has done - but it is a day for the kids and the adults - including the leaders of the country - were sending them a good message (based on Thai / Buddhist culture) --- is there anyone who seriously thinks the message was wrong?

And the message was tuned for the kids, not for the media. I'm pretty sure that neither the PM nor the general were too worried about how the media would interpret their words to the kids.

My post, or part of it was merely saying it's all well and good on the special childrens day collecting brownie points so to speak, was pointing out that people in glass houses should not throw stones, having her record, and her brothers family record, it's not surprising she will get some flack for her family values speech. Any message a P.M. gives is for media attention, isn't that normal??? When you are kicking the poor families around and breaking massive promises keeping a low profile, or using better words at functions would be the order of the day. If her party were doing the right things, and not telling porky pies to the voters, then she would be in for less flack.

What the heck ?

Insomuch as it was disingenuous, yes, I think the message was harmful. I also think that Thais, especially children, see what is said, and they grow to see how things are done. People need leadership by example, and there is very little of that around.