Thai Air Flights To Phitsanulok

Spee

Hi All,

I'm heading back to LoS the first week of January for a bit of R&R, check on the house, visit with my honey's family, etc.

Normally I take the train from Don Mueang to Tapan Hin. But this time it looks like it might be easier to take the Thai Airways flight direct to Phitsanulok where the family can pick me up.

Has anyone taken this flight recently? Does it run on time regularly? Any problems with cancellations, delays, etc.?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Cheers,

Spee

PS. Hey, RC, what's up? How are things? Can I come down and visit you on the farm?

Hi All,

I'm heading back to LoS the first week of January for a bit of R&R, check on the house, visit with my honey's family, etc.

Normally I take the train from Don Mueang to Tapan Hin. But this time it looks like it might be easier to take the Thai Airways flight direct to Phitsanulok where the family can pick me up.

Has anyone taken this flight recently? Does it run on time regularly? Any problems with cancellations, delays, etc.?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Cheers,

Spee

PS. Hey, RC, what's up? How are things? Can I come down and visit you on the farm?

Hi,

I take this flight regularly (more than 10 times a year)

It is on time but only flies twice a day (6am and 6pm) daily and some days they also have a third lunchtime flight

They use a 737 jet 2 class plane

Book early online and you can save.

The airport is new and out in nowhere so kake sure you have spmebody pick you up or you will be at the mercy of the 'taxis'

• 3 weeks later...

Just to elaborate on the other answer, there are usually 3 flights on Thursday, Friday, Sunday (and maybe Monday, not sure), otherwise only two flights.

As for the taxis, most will take you anywhere in Phitlok for 200 baht flat rate (not overtly expensive). Your own pickup is preferable and parking at the airport is free and plentiful.

Just to elaborate on the other answer, there are usually 3 flights on Thursday, Friday, Sunday (and maybe Monday, not sure), otherwise only two flights. 

As for the taxis, most will take you anywhere in Phitlok for 200 baht flat rate (not overtly expensive).  Your own pickup is preferable and parking at the airport is free and plentiful.

Fair enough on the 200 baht anywhere in Phitlok for the taxis.

I have to go all the way to Uttaradit (120km North) and the typical fare will be between 1.000 and 1.500 (as much as the airfare from Bangkok)

The VIP bus is 150 baht....

As for the taxis, most will take you anywhere in Phitlok for 200 baht flat rate (not overtly expensive).  Your own pickup is preferable and parking at the airport is free and plentiful.

Fair enough on the 200 baht anywhere in Phitlok for the taxis.

I have to go all the way to Uttaradit (120km North) and the typical fare will be between 1.000 and 1.500 (as much as the airfare from Bangkok)

The VIP bus is 150 baht....

I took the lunchtime flight from Bkk to Phitsanulok about 3 weeks ago on Friday. I bought the tickets the night before at a bit over 2000 baht. The flight I was on had many open seats, but the last time I took it I thought that flight was full. Anyway short and sweet and beats the heck out of the train. :o

Edited by Fried Rice