Renting A Honda Pcx In Cm Short Term?

DavidMavec

i found one on moo muang soi 9 for 350baht per day. You'll find many elsewhere but they usually ask 450 or 500 baht a day. A Pcx costs about 40 percent more than a fino to buy, yet they cost 2 to 3 times more if one wants to rent one. Something to do with being a popular bike these days i suppose with limited supply..I just rented one for 1 day to try it out. I personally wouldnt rent it for anymore than that since it is a bit of a rip off to rent one at the moment. but thats just me.

Edited by 3stan

i found one on moo muang soi 9 for 350baht per day. You'll find many elsewhere but they usually ask 450 or 500 baht a day. A Pcx costs about 40 percent more than a fino to buy, yet they cost 2 to 3 times more if one wants to rent one. Something to do with being a popular bike these days i suppose with limited supply..I just rented one for 1 day to try it out. I personally wouldnt rent it for anymore than that since it is a bit of a rip off to rent one at the moment. but thats just me.

Thanks. Yeah, that's exactly why I want to rent one, to try it. My friend says it's such a great bike and I am in the market but so far I am still thinking of getting a Click. If I ride one for one day and like it a lot more than the Click, well then, decision made.

I have had a PCX for 18 months, great around town - best available IMO, I tried a Nuevo ? for 1 month - not in the race IMO, very thirsty - 50% more fuel than PCX,it is not EFI ! POP has about 16 new PCX in stock now, get a low KM unit to trial, the old adage about rentals being super vehicles still applies. Even at 6,000 kms the damage done is evident. Go to the location nearest Loy Kroh, the boss is at that place !

i think part of the reason for pcx being so popular now is that it looks like a 'grown up bike'. But yes it would probably handle 2 people going up the mountains slightly better than lets say a fino. It all depends what one does with it. If one isnt so much attached on looks and possibly slightly better comfort, a honda wave 125 might be a more sensible option. More torke too. The pcx's torkes is really not that impressive. As for gas consumption, i dont know how they would compare. I also find the pcx slightly less manoeuvrable (is that an english word?) and more stiff than a fino or other.

• 2 weeks later...

i have a pcx for 11 months now. b4 owned many different other bikes (also 1200cc ones) i must say that i am impressed about the performance and stability and manoevrability on the rod with this bike.

we have a click as well but i feel all the time 'unsafe' when i have to drive that bike. especially with a passenger on the back! so for the money (20k baht more) you can not decide to buy anything else at the todays market. when it is for a lady that drives slow it is different: a scoopy or click would suit better.

many places have a pcx for rent at the moment. just look around. what does it matter if you only want to try for a day or 2 if it costs 400 or 500 baht? penny wise pound foolish. you probably have to look for a few days to find the cheapest and than they ripp you off when you return it for a scratch.....

do me an offer for my pcx which white and 10 month old. it did 3000 kms and looks like new. we have 2 bikes and a car so we not use it too often.

greetz

skippie

• 10 months later...

i have a pcx for 11 months now. b4 owned many different other bikes (also 1200cc ones) i must say that i am impressed about the performance and stability and manoevrability on the rod with this bike.

we have a click as well but i feel all the time 'unsafe' when i have to drive that bike. especially with a passenger on the back! so for the money (20k baht more) you can not decide to buy anything else at the todays market. when it is for a lady that drives slow it is different: a scoopy or click would suit better.

many places have a pcx for rent at the moment. just look around. what does it matter if you only want to try for a day or 2 if it costs 400 or 500 baht? penny wise pound foolish. you probably have to look for a few days to find the cheapest and than they ripp you off when you return it for a scratch.....

do me an offer for my pcx which white and 10 month old. it did 3000 kms and looks like new. we have 2 bikes and a car so we not use it too often.

greetz

skippie

I'm guessing you don't have a 2012 Click, which is a completely different m/c.