Apply For Multi-Entry Non-Imm 'O'

Flying to KL early tomorrow morning, to apply for multi-entry Non-Imm 'O' , based on marriage

got all the docs, the only thing is, my spouse has signed all the copies (wedding cert, his id card, his house book, his bank statement)

BUT he has also dated them 15th January

Will the date be a problem? He's gone to work, and won't be back before I fly out tomorrow morning, so I can't get him to sign again

How picky will KL embassy be about this?

Thanks, Lite Beer, I was hoping the date won't be a problem.

Really hope it won't be as don't want it to be a wasted trip

I know sometimes authorities can be very picky over minor things like this

I am a British national female. I also have bank statements showing 100k and have signed them

I know that I can get an extension in Thailand, but I kind figured its easier to get a 1yr multi-entry ( i actually don't mind the visa runs strangely enough)

as I don't want the hassle of going to immigration and the extension process.

I'm sure I'll probably need to do this at some point, but for now would like to put it off for a year, and just put up with visa runs instead ?!

Wait wait wait. I'm doing the same thing and started a thread over yonder...

...asking about docs required and no mention was made about showing money in the bank at this stage. Thus, I didn't bother bringing my passbook with me to viet nam. I'm in hcmc now so it's too late.

So is the proof of deposits needed or not?

Wait wait wait. I'm doing the same thing and started a thread over yonder...

http://www.thaivisa....56#entry4942456

...asking about docs required and no mention was made about showing money in the bank at this stage. Thus, I didn't bother bringing my passbook with me to viet nam. I'm in hcmc now so it's too late.

So is the proof of deposits needed or not?

No mention of any financial requrements on their website, but no recent reports on this website. Good luck and please post the outcome of your visit for others.

And the reason is you were talking about extensions of stay and making the switch to non immigrant O visa for that. So only a single entry required and the 100k and above financials are a requirement for issue of multi entry version (which is the subject in this thread). For single entry there should not be anything more than normal 20k that any non immigrant visa issue requires and that will most likely not even be asked.

OK thanks. I'm still not completely clear on the subtle difference between this thread and mine, but that's why all you smart folks work here :-)

I dropped off the papers at the consulate a while ago and it was a breeze. No request for financial data. She was very friendly and didn't even ask me to sign any of the copies I made.

I paid my $80 USD and got my receipt and was out in ten minutes with instructions to come back Thursday afternoon to pick up.

I'll report back in a few days.

[edit] upon re-read I see that the difference is single versus multi entry. However the nice young lady behind the counter asked me which I wanted, the only difference being that I would have needed to fork over a few more dollars for a multi. I don't think I would have had to show financials in any event.

Edited by attrayant