Why Is Andrew Biggs Considered A Celebrity?

zzaa09

He's one of these guys who's screen presence is less than attractive - tall, gawky and bald and were he in his own country he would't go far on tv.

But like a few other farangs who have done well in the media here as tv celebs and singers of various thai styles early on he identified a niche to be exploited - a talking farang - and the only requirement to fill it is to talk a language the audience understands - Thai - he does that very well.

I haven't seen him son e the days he used to do a very irritating language learning show on thai tv and I've seen him pop up on talk shows an so on....

My personal opinion based on what I have seen is that he's a complete dork.

• Like 1

Think they have a dude or two like this in every Asian country. A white guy who came along in the late 80s or 90s and spoke the local language and became a minor celebrity because of it. Thankfully he's not near as big as Dashan is in China

Why the animosity ?... are people jealous of his success ?

So, here is a foreigner who is clearly recognised and respected by many Thai’s. He always appears polite, clean and respectful, he's probably helped many people learn the language and through being very good at what he does he's probably made a tidy profit…

But, why choose to knock someone for their success ? That speaks more of those who criticise him than it does him. We should be happy that there is a positive example of a Westerner in public eye which reflects well on all of us.

Granted.. he's in dire need of a tailor and does look somewhat dorky, but what does that have to do with us ?

WHAT IS THE GREATER FARANG COMMUNITY THINKING ?? This Farang thinks 'good on him' for being successful at what he's good at.

I've also read a couple of amusing, interesting and well written articles by him......

Edited by richard_smith237

Why the animosity ?... are people jealous of his success ?

So, here is a foreigner who is clearly recognised and respected by many Thai’s. He always appears polite, clean and respectful, he's probably helped many people learn the language and through being very good at what he does he's probably made a tidy profit…

But, why choose to knock someone for their success ? That speaks more of those who criticise him than it does him. We should be happy that there is a positive example of a Westerner in public eye which reflects well on all of us.

Granted.. he's in dire need of a tailor and does look somewhat dorky, but what does that have to do with us ?

WHAT IS THE GREATER FARANG COMMUNITY THINKING ?? This Farang thinks 'good on him' for being successful at what he's good at.

I've also read a couple of amusing, interesting and well written articles by him......

He writes quite well and that makes him successful in my eyes. No, he is not good looking, but no worse than 90% of the other farangs that live here - many who do nothing but b*tch and moan about all and sundry - and he is doing something positive while earning a decent living.

grumpy-old-man.jpg

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Hum, I haven't seen him about much recently. Is he still on telly? Oops, I walked past him at the old airport once.

Talking about farang celebs, what ever happened to the Christine? She was fit. And what about her boyfriend (can't remember his name).

Edited by MaiChai