Mulligan'S Beach Road

bartender100

I get an entire breakfast/brunch with unlimited coffee for the same price, which makes that single cup very pricey indeed. My breakfast is a couple of minutes walk from the beach, admittedly.

Was the price displayed?

I get an entire breakfast/brunch with unlimited coffee for the same price, which makes that single cup very pricey indeed. My breakfast is a couple of minutes walk from the beach, admittedly.

Was the price displayed?

Just went onto their website to check, its true a cup of coffee is B120, unberlievable, did not see it displayed, but I just thought it would be the ususal B50/ B60 those kind of places charge.

This is the place with no bathroom for customers, right? The customers must walk into the mall or over to Soi 8 to relieve themselves. Never quite sure which is closer, but the mall is cleaner.

Not true, bathroom upstairs, when it first opened above statement was true, bathroom added later. They have one of the highest lease rents of any restaurant on beach road, I guess they don't want customers who nurse a cup of coffee or bottle of beer for an hour or so while looking out at the beach and passer by's.

Great Burgers though.

This is the place with no bathroom for customers, right? The customers must walk into the mall or over to Soi 8 to relieve themselves. Never quite sure which is closer, but the mall is cleaner.

Not true, bathroom upstairs, when it first opened above statement was true, bathroom added later. They have one of the highest lease rents of any restaurant on beach road, I guess they don't want customers who nurse a cup of coffee or bottle of beer for an hour or so while looking out at the beach and passer by's.

Great Burgers though.

Yes, high prices for everything, but that's the location. They do however have good food, I like their chicken winges, garlic bred, fries etc. etc... and staff is very nice, English capable for some small talk when they have no customers... and sitting outside and watch people stoll by is relly interesting... I like the place despite their high prices. And Ken (manager) is a great guy who always has a recommendation when you need something.

Great Burgers though.

Thanks for the update on the bathroom situation.

Great Burgers though.

Strange comment considering Starbucks probably have the most high rental units of anyone, and have built a company on people nusing cups of coffee, I would imagine a cup of coffee costs about B5 to B8 to produce, making it much more profitable than say a small beer at B65.

There was 5/6 other customers at 5pm when I went

O/T whats happened to the spell checker?

THREE Euro for a coffee? Not even in Venice or St Tropez! And this in a town where the average employee still earns 5-8k baht a month. How many coffee's can the Mulligans waitress afford a month at this price? Maybe 100 if at all. Take the lowest paid waiters in Europe where coffee is on average 1 Euro - they can purchase at least 1000 cups a month with their salary!

Moral of the tale? This place is overpriced 10fold!

Prices in this town are getting out of control - maybe a sperate thread on this subject would be warranted with the accent not so much on "how much" but focussing on value for money and in relation to local cost of living, as mentioned above.

A gentleman enjoyed his steak dinner in SanFrancisco.

The waiter brought the bill and the customer exclaimed " I can get a great steak at half the price back home in Kansas City!"

The waiter replied, " yes sir... But when you are finished eating, you will still be in Kansas City"