Ephedra

jumbo

Wonder whether the Chinese shops would have it - be aware the it might be able to tricker some of the piss-tests even though it is a perfectly natural supplement. You would need someone to help you with the Thai/Chinese name though. Cheers!

Wonder whether the Chinese shops would have it - be aware the it might be able to tricker some of the piss-tests even though it is a perfectly natural supplement. You would need someone to help you with the Thai/Chinese name though. Cheers!

Perfectly natural does not necessarily mean safe. White toadstools are also perfectly natural, but still poisonous.

If taken in excess, ephedrine is a centralstimulantia similar to amphetamine. Prolonged use of excessive doses is detrimental to your circulation and may cause addiction similar to the one experienced with methamphetamines.

I would be very careful, both with using it, and with buying it, as it is one of the major ingredients used in the production of yaa baa.

I have used Ehedra before, I wanted to see what effect it had on sports performance - running. Ive tried thermogenic pills also, and found that they are both un-predicatable and dont kick in the way they claim or when you want them to, they kept me awake when I wanted to sleep and made me restless and moody, I found these products were horrible, they just raised my body temperature and made me very jittery and jangly like I had too much caffeine. I would rather drink expresso or a red bull!

If people are using these things tryiny to get high they really should be careful, anyone who has any history of depression or mood disorders are at risk from other psychological problems apart from addiction. Proceed with caution.

Medicines such as "Actifed", which contains a small amount of pseudoephedrine, are sold prescription-free over the counter.

Also see meadish's post above! Not recommended for longterm use without consulting a doctor.

Thats funny, it reminds me of a few years back when the Philly Flyers (Hockey Team) got busted for taking high doses of Sudafed. I think some guys were taking 12 tabs at a time.

I dont remember if it broke any rules or if it was just a <deleted>? type story.

I have taken supplements that contained the ephedra plant and it has surely made a difference. The brain-washing from the medical industry when it comes to supplements that actually WORK (they are going after VITAMINS now too) is effective.

A few cases of stupid drunken youth who abused the supplements and died from it(maybe - or was it the other drugs they also took?) and there was a case to get it closed/regulated. Aspirin in those doses would have killed them faster.

Vit. E has proven an effective natural blood thinner working better than many of the super expensive medicines out there - big head ache for medical companies and one of the reasons they want to regulate ALL vitamins/minerals above a certain (minimalistic) dose level.

The list is long - but as long as I can buy my own supplements and make my own research and choices I am happy.

Now where do I find that ephedra plant!? :o

Cheers!

I have taken supplements that contained the ephedra plant and it has surely made a difference. The brain-washing from the medical industry when it comes to supplements that actually WORK (they are going after VITAMINS now too) is effective.

A few cases of stupid drunken youth who abused the supplements and died from it(maybe - or was it the other drugs they also took?) and there was a case to get it closed/regulated. Aspirin in those doses would have killed them faster.

Vit. E has proven an effective natural blood thinner working better than many of the super expensive medicines out there - big head ache for medical companies and one of the reasons they want to regulate ALL vitamins/minerals above a certain (minimalistic) dose level.

The list is long - but as long as I can buy my own supplements and make my own research and choices I am happy.

Now where do I find that ephedra plant!? :o

Cheers!

China town, Mahuang.

หมาหวัง / หมาหวง (Mahuang ) or มั่วอึ๊ง (mau ing)

This is banned in Singapore,Malaysia and some other countries... Due to its strong ingredient... Some supplements such as hydroxycut used to include Mahuang but not anymore now

Edited by tytus

You would need someone to help you with the Thai/Chinese name though.

หมาหวัง / หมาหวง (Mahuang ) or มั่วอึ๊ง (mau ing)

Thanks Babe

You have a great sence of humor........I suppose

:o

:D:D im not joke.. it called like that indeed .. you can check with the Fac. of pharmacology any University in Thailand

Mahuang

Scientific Name: Ephedra

Other Names: Ephedra sinica, Epitonin, Herbal Ecstasy, Ma Huang, Muzei, Popptillo

Who is this for?

Uses

NOTE: Effective in April 2004, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) banned the sale of ephedra in the United States. Even though the ban did not go into effect immediately, all individuals using ephedra products were urged to stop taking them.

The risks associated with taking ephedra are not worth whatever small effectiveness it may have. Taking ephedra for any reason is discouraged strongly.

Ephedra contains active ingredients called alkaloids -- with the main one being ephedrine. If ephedrine is produced in the laboratory, it is considered to be a drug by the FDA. Ephedrine and some of the other alkaloids in ephedra are central nervous system (CNS) stimulants that have been included in products for weight loss. In studies, some participants using ephedra experienced small to moderate weight loss. However, the results were mostly short-term and the side effects from ephedra caused a significant number of individuals to stop taking ephedra before the studies were scheduled to end.

Ephedra was also sold to improve exercise performance. However, clinical studies found that, at best, ephedra provides only limited enhancement of performance for short periods of time. Due to the possibly severe side effects associated with using ephedra, the U.S. military and several athletic organizations, including the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the U.S. National Football League (NFL), and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) prohibited its use well before the FDA ban was announced.

While it has a tightening effect on blood vessels near the surface of the skin, ephedrine also widens bronchioles, which are small airways in the lungs. Therefore, it has been used in the past to relieve stuffy nose and chest tightness caused by allergies and colds. Formerly, ephedra was also used in drugs to treat asthma, but medications with greater effectiveness and less potential for side effects are now available.

http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/DVH/HerbsWho/...Mahuang,00.html

Edited by BambinA

Oh please, mind your own business.  If Bambina can take a joke <deleted> are you  sticking your nose in it?

:o  :D

Its our job to stick our noses in when people deliberately mis-quote at others expense...

Do it again MilkPlus and your on holiday.

In the mean time, this thread will be closed...