Savvanakhet, Non-Im O Single Entry Possible ?

Sorry if I made it confusing I understand that it might not be the same situation next winter (October or November 2012) than it is now.

But I like the idea of going to Savannakhet for a non-Im O based on age (over 50) and bank balance of 800k baht rather than deal with the Thai Embassy in Tokyo as they are a real pain.

As I will be staying in Khun Han (South of Sisaket not really that far from Savannakhet) it would be easy enough to enter on a 30 days stamp, get my bank letter stating the balance and go to Savannakhet for my Non-Im O which I can then extend for a year at Phu SIng Immigration (they look after the Sisaket Province)

This should save the the hassle of trips to Bangkok immigration for conversion

Sorry for the confusion, just re-stated what I was asking for originaly as per the title of my thread

I got a positive answer (thank you very much for the info) and I am aware that things do change so will be asking again nearer to the time I will be making the trip to Savannakhet which would be in November 2012

I went to Savannakhet yesterday to apply for a non imm O marriage visa!

Applied around 10 am, was told to come back the following day at 2 pm!

Apparently that is standard now for a non imm visa.

I was not asked for any proof of funds, luckily!!!!

I got the non imm O multiple entry visa this afternoon :)

Note: the lady taking the applications is not the friendliest...not yesterday and today anyway.

Maybe having 80 people coming to apply everyday does that to you.

So what is it I read in this thread about changes to non imm O requirements sometime this year???

I wasn't aware there's a requirement to show money in a Thai bank account to obtain any Thai visa. That's needed when extending the 'permitted to stay' date.

This requirement is Consulate specific for issue of a multi entry non immigrant O visa for marriage to a Thai.

So what is it I read in this thread about changes to non imm O requirements sometime this year???

Am not sure what you are talking about or I missed it. I know of no changes planned but there is always a chance of change.

I went to Savannakhet yesterday to apply for a non imm O marriage visa!

Applied around 10 am, was told to come back the following day at 2 pm!

Apparently that is standard now for a non imm visa.

I was not asked for any proof of funds, luckily!!!!

I got the non imm O multiple entry visa this afternoon smile.png

Note: the lady taking the applications is not the friendliest...not yesterday and today anyway.

Maybe having 80 people coming to apply everyday does that to you.

Thanks for the post, it seems that they sometimes ask for proof of funds, as Javabear posted, and now as you and others in the past have posted, sometimes no proof of funds are required, its a lottery

I was planing a trip for a multi non imm 'o'', but managed to get a 60 day extension at Sriracha yesterday, so i will obtain a visa on return to UK this year instead, as i live close to Hull.

Re 'changes to non imm O requirements sometime this year', i posted to the OP, that things CAN change in a year, as he is making enquiries about a visa for the end of this year. ( sorry if i confused you)

If anyone needs bus times etc, from rayong, ban chang, or pattaya to Mukdahan, - http://www.iloveyellowbus.com/en/home.php