N.Y. Pizza

Backwoods

What happened to the New York Style pizza places in Bangkok? I am wanting a NY style pie covered with real pepperoni. Seems Google searches haven't been updated in a long time! OK, anyone know where I can get one close to real, you know the 2 handes slice, with real pepperoni grease running off it??

• 2 weeks later...

as someone who lived in Manhattan for 13 years i'd say unequivocally i've not encountered any New York style pizza in Thailand. and i've looked. most alleged NY pizza outside of the northeastern US doesn't measure up TBH.

if you can muddle through with Italian style pizza there's some pretty good stuff to be had in Bangers though. my favorite is Pala Romana. if you took the MRT to Sukhumvit/Asok and transferred to the BTS it's right there at the top of the stairs (next to Dunkin Donuts and a few doors down from the posh bloat that is Terminal 21). it has almost no atmosphere but every time i've been there it's been quite good. deli counter is impressive too, with quality imported Italian cheeses and meats. that said, i've heard tell that when the Italian owner's not around the pizza quality plummets, but i can't verify that as he's been there every time i've been there.

my favorite is Pala Romana. if you took the MRT to Sukhumvit/Asok and transferred to the BTS it's right there at the top of the stairs (next to Dunkin Donuts and a few doors down from the posh bloat that is Terminal 21).

Not NY style for sure, but it is very good none the less.

I also love their italian deli where they sell parma ham, salami, olives, different kinds of cheese and pasta. All imported from Italy.

Edited by ricku

I just wish that Pizza Hut would do a New York crust like they do in the States. I would not eat it there unless I was in a hurry as it is mediocre, but it would be far better than most pizzas here.

How's about a pic please UG?

You know I love pizza!

You can make excellent New York pizza at home if you have an oven. The key is the use of a pizza stone or steel plate for the conductive heat necessary to cook the pizza.

There is an excellent forum dedicated to this topic. google "pizzamaking"

Tried Reggies pizza while in Bangkok in hopital! Was 1.5 hours late, called and they gave excuse we didn't answer when they called back. Finally delivered, sauce kinda lacking, no parmarsan, and pepperoni tasted like plain salami, not American style, anyway, looked better than it tasted, guess stay with Pizza Company, at least they have real pepperoni!

• 4 weeks later...

I just wish that Pizza Hut would do a New York crust like they do in the States. I would not eat it there unless I was in a hurry as it is mediocre, but it would be far better than most pizzas here.

How's about a pic please UG?

You know I love pizza!

In fact I ordered a pizza delivery from Pizza Hut recently when I was in London. Soggy base and cheap cheese. Far worse than I remember years ago.

They have gone downhill...Dominos is way way better. Get some Dominos franchises in Thailand pronto!!

Edited by smokie36

Dominos was where we always ate when I was a kid. We thought it was a local place. I never realized it was a franchise until they opened some in Bangkok - which did not survive the crash of 77.

Dominos in '97 was average. Now its numero uno in the UK...and deservedly so.

I always found Domino's to be edible, but certainly not exceptional. Their primary advantage, I thought as a consumer, was prompt delivery (in most cases) -- which is great when you are sick at home, or dont want to miss a ball game on TV, or just too inebriated to go anywhere for takeout.

Sorry, yes, the crash of 97.

I spent the day in Patteya, and we hit the New York Pizza House to give it a try. I got the Thin triple pepperoni, and have to say is was a treat!! Crust was perfect, sauce good, and it was real pepperoni. This is as close as I ever had, without being in NY or NJ, and I spent a lot of time in both! I will make a return trip just for a road trip and good pizza!!!

Sorry, yes, the crash of 97.

I spent the day in Patteya, and we hit the New York Pizza House to give it a try. I got the Thin triple pepperoni, and have to say is was a treat!! Crust was perfect, sauce good, and it was real pepperoni. This is as close as I ever had, without being in NY or NJ, and I spent a lot of time in both! I will make a return trip just for a road trip and good pizza!!!

I am a big fan of NY Pizza House in Pattaya as well. Never been in there but get delivery whenever I need a pie.. 080-787-3330

I ordered a Ronny's pizza a month or so ago, and even though I normally prefer a slightly thicker base, thought the pizza was very good.

On top of that, "Ronny" saw to every order from every customer personally whilst I was waiting, including mine. Top marks for personal customer service.

I ordered a Ronny's pizza a month or so ago, and even though I normally prefer a slightly thicker base, thought the pizza was very good.

On top of that, "Ronny" saw to every order from every customer personally whilst I was waiting, including mine. Top marks for personal customer service.

I only tried them once, and it was a nightmare. After an hour late, we had to call them and they hade to remake a pie for us. When it arrived, I thought dough was grainy, sauce to sweet and "pepperoni" was actually some type of salami! I was in hospital at the time, tried one slice and gave the rest away!

• 2 months later...

None are great but there is 2 that are acceptable(meaning better than italian pizza) If i remember right one of them is either on chef XP or foodbyphone.

wow this is certainly helpful.

they are down by the place where they have the thing right?

None are great but there is 2 that are acceptable(meaning better than italian pizza) If i remember right one of them is either on chef XP or foodbyphone.

A little further down past the two soi dogs.

and the girl with black hair who likes to play pool?

That wouldn't be the girl with the annoying accent would it? I know that pizza place. Its on chefxp or foodbypbone.

That wouldn't be the girl with the annoying accent would it? I know that pizza place. Its on chefxp or foodbypbone.

in the short skirt? thats her.

ive heard that place is not great but acceptable

• 2 weeks later...

in the short skirt? thats her.

ive heard that place is not great but acceptable

Are you talking about the one next to the 7/11?