Visa For Taiwan

• 1 year later...
How hard would it be to get a visa for my thai fiance to enter Taiwan to stay with me if I am working there? Is there a difference if we are married?

I'm bumping this because I have the same question. Was it answered somewhere else? I'm still looking for a definitive answer.

• 1 year later...
How hard would it be to get a visa for my thai fiance to enter Taiwan to stay with me if I am working there? Is there a difference if we are married?

I'm bumping this because I have the same question. Was it answered somewhere else? I'm still looking for a definitive answer.

I would also like some help with this question. in 2006 I tried to bring my Thai gf to Taiwan with me because I was going there to work. The people at the Taiwan embassy in Bangkok were terrible. We were patronised, insulted and eventually rejected because she was working - but did not have tax receipts or pay slips. She worked in a friends shop and was getting paid cash in hand.

Fast forward to now and I have a new Thai gf. We met middle of last year and I went to Thailand a few times to see her. I stayed for 3 weeks In February before heading back to Taiwan where I am now working full time.

She has been to Australia before visiting family, works in a dress shop (again.. its a bit dodgey because she gets paid in cash). She has very little savings because most of her salary goes up country to the family.

I have about 300,000 baht saved, a good job here and previous long term stays in Taiwan.

We have been keeping all of our phone bills, receipts, letters etc to show immigration that our relationship is genuine. Would it be better off if we get married and then apply for her to join me in Taiwan? I don't like her chances of getting a tourist visa after my last experience with the Taiwan embassy in BKK..

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks ubonjoe

I am going to Bangkok next week and will apply for a 30 day visitor visa for her at the embassy. If that gets approved, we will apply for a 60 day visa next time. Cheers!