Pattaya Schools

sacraj

First of all, you have to decide what or where your child's future is and what you can afford to pay for her education.[/b] I chose Maryvit for my son and he will start K1 there shortly, in my opinion it is by a long way the best "Thai" school in the area, but Thai is what it is and not international. They do teach english there although the teachers are filipino which i don't have a problem with, i am hoping that with talking to me daily and the lessons he gets at school that his english should be OK, but i will decide after K3 whether or not he will continue his schooling there.......i understand that unless your child starts school at Maryvit, it can be extremely difficult to get them in later on, their standards are high and they do push the kids to achieve....costs, 50-60,000 per year

I think Aksorn School has an intensive English Program for Kindergarten and the first couple of primary grades. They are expanding the program a grade each year as the original students advance. They teach math, science, English and computers in English. Not sure what the cost.

I think Aksorn School has an intensive English Program for Kindergarten and the first couple of primary grades. They are expanding the program a grade each year as the original students advance. They teach math, science, English and computers in English. Not sure what the cost.

Is this a new development as around 5 years ago they didn't have an English programme? Although at some time prior to then they did as it was recommended to me.

I did think about Aksorn as it is nearer to where i live and about half the price of Maryvit but as well as other issues the thing that really put me off there was seeing all these i guess 12 or 13 year old kids coming out of there 3 or 4 up on motorbikes without helmets on, hardly the sort of behaviour i would choose my child to be exposed to

I did think about Aksorn as it is nearer to where i live and about half the price of Maryvit but as well as other issues the thing that really put me off there was seeing all these i guess 12 or 13 year old kids coming out of there 3 or 4 up on motorbikes without helmets on, hardly the sort of behaviour i would choose my child to be exposed to

But the policeman outside at the gate stops and warns them of the safety issues, doesn't he? whistling.gif

Is this a new development as around 5 years ago they didn't have an English programme? Although at some time prior to then they did as it was recommended to me.

It started about a year and a half ago. It is only at the "Pattaya" school on Soi Kopai, but any of the other schools should have information.

Well, you better keep them locked in the house then, because all you need to do is go out on ANY street and see whole families (seen up to 5 people) on a motorbike... THIS IS THAILAND not some Anglo country where they have enforced traffic laws.. Better watch out for them seeing people driving on the wrong side of the street - or police not wearing motorcycle helmets. That might be bad exposure too... <deleted>

My son attended Phoneix from K-2 through P-2 and I highly recomend it, they did a very good job of teaching him all the basics so that when we moved him to Tarrapattana international school this year he had no trouble adapting to the international standard. The teachers and staff seem to genuinly care about the students, all the children there seem very happy.

My son attended Phoneix from K-2 through P-2 and I highly recomend it, they did a very good job of teaching him all the basics so that when we moved him to Tarrapattana international school this year he had no trouble adapting to the international standard. The teachers and staff seem to genuinly care about the students, all the children there seem very happy.

Glad to hear it. My daughter starts KI in May and I would prefer her to stay put as not to have the hassle of finding another school. I totally agree with your last point, when I go there it is all smiles and the teachers do seem to genuinely love the kids, they all make a big fuss over my daughter and it seems that ALL of the staff there know her name. Then again maybe it is like this at the other schools too, or maybe not, I really wouldn't know. My daughter seems to enjoy going along every day too, but again that may be the case if she was going elsewhere too.

Well, you better keep them locked in the house then, because all you need to do is go out on ANY street and see whole families (seen up to 5 people) on a motorbike... THIS IS THAILAND not some Anglo country where they have enforced traffic laws.. Better watch out for them seeing people driving on the wrong side of the street - or police not wearing motorcycle helmets. That might be bad exposure too... <deleted>

Yeah, wrong choice of words in my comment there , you sometimes have to be careful when posting comments on forums, get it wrong even though the point you are making is quite obvious and watch out ! because there are boring old farts around who take great pleasure in nit picking what others write rather than contributing to the topic, enough said eh

• Like 2

Been visiting Maryvit and Satit schools today. I liked what I saw in Maryvit nice surroundings and the kids looked more disciplined than in Satit, no kids in Maryvit walking around alone but I saw several in Satit.

If my boy attends Satit he can't become a doctor or engineer as science and math are not high on their list? Not good, so Satit is ruled out for now.

I was told that app. 40% of the students in Maryvit are Thai/farang kids and there is a waiting list which means the my son first can start Pre-prep class April this year but thats okay as he is only 2 years and 3 month old now. It cost 5000 bath pr month.

We will check more schools before we decide, but so far Maryvit is first choice.