Private Detective Chiang Mai

ianf

Oh no! I hugely apologise, I just read your notice again and see now that I jumped to the gun. You were saying that the PI company didn't pay their bill not mine? So sorry about that. I do apologise. Pim

Good thing you don't have a job where knowing how to read is important.

Sloppy meaningless self-absorbed editorials...

tsk tsk

Wow, that was rather nasty.

Oh no! I hugely apologise, I just read your notice again and see now that I jumped to the gun. You were saying that the PI company didn't pay their bill not mine? So sorry about that. I do apologise. Pim

tsk tsk

tsk tsk

Somebody's had an exceptionally sour coffee today, I think. Personally, I like Citylife as well as Pim's editorials.

If people need to hire people to go around snooping on others that is pretty sad. Use your big brain and not your little one. You've obviously been involved with the wrong crowd. Pick your friends and lovers carefully. Don't get involved with prostitutes or yaabaa users. Just use the same logic you would in your home country; i.e. don't give out PIN numbers, don't open joint bank accounts or send sums of money from abroad. Keep your assets (stocks, bonds, cash, precious metals) in your home or other countries where it is under your control and yours alone. Keep the title of your car in your name. Always remember you can't own land here so don't bother with trying to come up with creative ways of making illegal purchases as the property will never be yours. If you need to have women followed then you are insecure. Always keep your guard up. If you want to provide for others when you are gone, make a Will.

• Like 1

If people need to hire people to go around snooping on others that is pretty sad. Use your big brain and not your little one. You've obviously been involved with the wrong crowd. Pick your friends and lovers carefully. Don't get involved with prostitutes or yaabaa users. Just use the same logic you would in your home country; i.e. don't give out PIN numbers, don't open joint bank accounts or send sums of money from abroad. Keep your assets (stocks, bonds, cash, precious metals) in your home or other countries where it is under your control and yours alone. Keep the title of your car in your name. Always remember you can't own land here so don't bother with trying to come up with creative ways of making illegal purchases as the property will never be yours. If you need to have women followed then you are insecure. Always keep your guard up. If you want to provide for others when you are gone, make a Will.

Mom, is that you?

• Like 1

Well Electrified.,

Sometimes it is the 'Long Shots' that catch you out. Despite taking every precaution in business and abiding to much of your counsel in your posting - I had a big problem, Sometimes you have to walk around in someone elses shoes to really appreciate a situation. I needed help in a big way. As it happened the PI provided this help but ultimately I backed off for various reasons.

To each his or her own.

Gladiator

• Like 1

American - Australian Private Detective Agency in association with the Thai-Lanna Law Firm in Chiang Mai.

All well and good but this only serves to illustrate the very problem about siting an investigations agency in a relatively small place like Chiang Mai. After just 30 minutes digging around with Google starting only from the info in this post, you can quickly determine that one of the two principals in this "agency" actually spends the majority of his time as a web content developer, freelance photographer and aficionado of antique bicycles, etc.

On the sunny side of things, it's to be hoped he's got professional-grade equipment. But the majority of a PI's work is not hiding in the weeds with a telephoto lens. It's research, interviews, pursuits and undercover work for the most part. Experience is not just simplified math dating back to the first case you worked. It's the total amount of time you've put in actively engaged in investigative work.

• Like 1

No harm done. Good luck with your venture.

Hope PrivateEye CM is more reliable than BKK spyonthai.com, they don't bother to reply to emails sent to.Not bar girl related!

Might be of interest to note that in their current domain registration lifetimes, each of these three domains has been registered to a different registrant name but all using the same [email protected] email address: spyonthai.com ("Spy on Thai"), private-detective-thailand.com ("The Anox Group"), thailand-private-investigators.com ("T.I.P.I."). Draw your own conclusions as to why one operator would want to make it look like they are three different agencies.

Is "debt collection" part of private detective services!? Can anyone help me with that topic!? PM me plz!! thanks!!

Generally it is not although there's quite a lot of overlap. A PI will often do asset location but generally with the intention of the client doing the collection or feeding the discovery back to a lawyer for a legal filing for a lien or seizure. Most jurisdictions put investigations and collections on wholly separate licensing tracks as well.

This is absurd. Cash and inventory rarely go missing from a business when the owner is on the premises so how else is he to find out what's causing the losses? People rarely cheat on their spouse when their spouse is standing next to him or her. There are any number of instances where a person can be concerned when what's going on while they're present doesn't align with what seems to be going on while they're absent.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with insecurity in the pejorative sense. It has to do with confirming that another party has broken a legal or ethical contract. Nobody has much of a problem with conducting background check on others before hiring them, forming a partnership with them or marrying them. By the same token conducting a like investigations once that contract has been formed and once evidence begins to mounts that the other party isn't meeting their obligations is hardly snooping.

• Like 1

Hmmmmmm: In my case I married an 'honest' woman with a 'good heart (jai dee)' who was trained as a civil engineer, spoke English like a native, has a masters degree (MBA) and is a fervent buddhist. She holds a senior position at the main Government hospital in Chiang Mai. I chose well .............unfortunately she turned out to be a liar and a cheat and also a damned coward. So its not all got to do with bar girls, chum.

Edited by ianf

Given that Thailand has no shortage of former FBI, CIA, Special Forces Op's, Ninja's, Assassins, Soldiers of Fortune, you should fine someone. Just look for any disheveled farang in any bar.

Hey, I am an out of work Ninja and take offense to your post.

Once the economy took a dive for the worst, most of us Ninjas were left without a job. Many of us left for SE Asia where we can live and train in privacy, hoping that one day the economy will pick up and we can be assassins again.

I hear that ninjas have trouble getting a regular job, they find the interview-room without difficulty, but the interviewer doesn't know that they've arrived !

Edited by Ricardo

• 11 months later...

i was looking for a private investigator the other day and found a really good company doing a google search. the company name is chiang mai spy, i opened a topic about this the other day and got a reply from another thai visa member who had also used them and said they were really good anyway they are still working on my case at the moment and they keep updating me with the progress as well which i like, so, so far so good and they are actually based in chiang mai and not expensive either. it was really frustraiting when i was looking on the internet and kept seeing companies advertising as being in chiang mai but when you contact them it turns out they are in pattaya or bangkok ect and then they want the fees to travel up here and hotel expenses too which works out expensive, but as i said already this company is actually in chiang mai. anyway if you cant find them on google then you can pm me and i will give you their contact details and link to website but you should find them easy enough if you do a google search for chiang mai spy. hope this helps

Yes, she's cheating on you. 10k baht please.

That was pretty much the main tenor of the Citylife article I mentioned above.

I've also read on this topic in BKK Post Life section.

It seems a vast majority of PI jobs are directed towards cheating spouses, in LOS. Both male and female.

If you need a PI to check if your wife is cheating, the marriage is already dead......time to move on.

I have to agree. If you feel the need to hire a private detective you already know the answer.