90-Day Reporting For Multiple-Entry Non-Immigrant B Visa?

All's been said already. For illustration:

I am out of the country twice a month on average and haven't done a 90-day report in a couple of years.

With my old job, I didn't leave the country for 3 years and had to report every 90 days.

I am out of the country twice a month on average and haven't done a 90-day report in a couple of years.

With my old job, I didn't leave the country for 3 years and had to report every 90 days.

However to stay in Thailand for 3 years without leaving you must have been on a Extension of Permission to Stay; whereas the OP is on a One Year Multiple Entry Visa, which never requires an address report per se, as one must always leave/re-enter the country at least every 90 days during the validity period of the Visa.

However to stay in Thailand for 3 years without leaving you must have been on a Extension of Permission to Stay; whereas the OP is on a One Year Multiple Entry Visa, which never requires an address report per se, as one must always leave/re-enter the country at least every 90 days during the validity period of the Visa.

That is correct. Regardless of whether I leave the country or not, the permission to stay has to be renewed once a year, which will be in-country.

Since the OP has a non-B and asked whether he has to report every 90 days, I understand that he has or is planning to get an extension of stay, otherwise he will have to leave the country within 90 days anyway and won't file a 90-day report. That would make his question irrelevant, wouldn't it?

Actually he clearly stated he had a multi entry visa and asked what he had to do on that type of entry and made no mention of intending to obtain an extension of stay.

Is there a kind of non-B visa which allows him to stay for a full year? I am only aware of visas that allow a stay of 90 days at a time, but am looking forward to learn new things.

The multi entry allows 90 day stays of unlimited number for a one year period. This is the type of visa the OP said he had and was asking how to use it which was as he stated in his number one entry - leave and return every 90 days. Many people who do not qualify for extensions of stay must use this type of entry for long term stay if working for a new company or at salary below that required for extension.

• Like 1

Actually he clearly stated he had a multi entry visa and asked what he had to do on that type of entry and made no mention of intending to obtain an extension of stay.

Is there a kind of non-B visa which allows him to stay for a full year? I am only aware of visas that allow a stay of 90 days at a time, but am looking forward to learn new things.

Rare but possible according to the MFA - a number of -A visas allow one year stays and some even allow 2 Years.
Non-Immigrant Visa category “B-A” (Business Approved Visa) The granting of such visa to qualified applicants is under the jurisdiction of the Office of the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok. The applicant’s associated company in which he or she will invest in or conduct business with may apply for this type of visa on behalf of the applicant at the Office of the Immigration Bureau. Once the application is approved, the Immigration Bureau will advise the concerned Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Consulate-General via the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to issue the visa to the applicant. The holder of this category “B-A” visa will be permitted to stay for a period of one year from the date of first entry into the Kingdom
Edited by digitalchromakey

Thanks for everyone's replies. It might be interesting for everyone to know I did used to extend my previous multiple-entry non-immigrant B visa year by year and had to report my address every 90 days only. This time round, to cut a long story short, an extension wasn't possible, so I had to obtain a brand new visa at the Thai embassy in Kuala Lumpur and I wasn't sure about the routine now. So for my new visa, it looks like it's exit/reenter every 90 days only, then when I extend in Bangkok for another year, report every 90 days only. (Of course, it must be said if I get a one-year visa why should I have to either exit/reenter the Kingdom or report my address every 90 days, but that's a common complaint. TIT)