Red Barron

karlos

There has been a fair bit of bad press from a couple of indivuals regarding Red Barron (cardboard boxes being more important than customers) and so on....

But every time i have been there they have always greeted me, ask if i need any help and always been there should i need it later.

Today i popped in to their shop to see if they had a light smoked CX1 visor for my Shoei helmet, i found one and proceeded to the counter to pay. They guy handling my purchase was the same guy who i always talk to (small half Thai half Chinese guy) he quickly told me the the CX1-V visor i had picked up is a little too long to fit my helmet, we then walked back over to the visor section and the only CX1's they had in stock were the Shoei cx1 iridium (3400B) or the standard clear one (1620B), i cheekily asked if i could get the iridium one for the same price as the smoked one i had picked up earlier.......... "Yeah ok" i was a little shocked that i was given more than a 50% discount and couldn't thank him enough. After fitting my visor to my helmet i asked again if i could redeem the same discount against the 2010 Aprilia RSV Factory that they had in the window, to which he replied..... "if there was 50% discount on that bike i would buy it myself" lol :D

Thumbs up :)

Karlos, good story. Yes, sometimes the thais do surprising things. I guess thats why most of us live here.

I am always for telling both, the good and the less good things. That is what a forum is for. If all bikes never have any problem and all shops never have any customer who complains, than there would be not much to talk about. Life would be very boring thumbsup.gif

Karlos, Im not sure its bad press from certain individuals " me being one of them" rather just reporting the experience that was had...intent of any posting and Im sure you'll agree on this is not to sway forum "to go" or "not go" to RB but simply let interested folks know what the relevant experience was same as you have done here.. glad you got good discount and service although must admit they would have entered "holier than thou"status if they had of given you the 50% on the Aprila.

Now where is Bigbike BKK when you need him ????

my experience wasn't so positive, took my fireblade to get something looked at and the mechanic told me i had to pay 10K baht to join some kind of Red Baron 'club' even before they looked at it, what a joke. I'd never go back to the place or recommend it My guess is that they couldn't be bothered looking at it, and wanted to fob me off. Though I've dealt with Vikram himself and he seems OK.

my experience wasn't so positive, took my fireblade to get something looked at and the mechanic told me i had to pay 10K baht to join some kind of Red Baron 'club' even before they looked at it, what a joke. I'd never go back to the place or recommend it My guess is that they couldn't be bothered looking at it, and wanted to fob me off. Though I've dealt with Vikram himself and he seems OK.

try dr bike up in chock chai 4 , he has never charged me anything to diagnose problems ,repairs not too expensive either

my experience wasn't so positive, took my fireblade to get something looked at and the mechanic told me i had to pay 10K baht to join some kind of Red Baron 'club' even before they looked at it, what a joke.

Sounds like they want to charge customers if they haven't bought their bikes there. They sure have no lack of customers then. I was one of them last sunday and left the amazing sum of 800 Baht there biggrin.png