Whats Up With The Fat Dog At Bts National Stadium?

ricku

Has anyone else noticed the fat dog who is always hanging out infront of the entrance to National Stadium BTS.

666666m.jpg

He is always there and he is almost always sleeping, and yes, he is really fat! smile.png I find this dog very amusing. Something tells me he is not some average soi dog. He looks more like a incredibly lazy watchdog.. But what is he watching? Or perhaps he is waiting for someone? Perhaps he is a new "Hachiko"?

Sometimes he wears sunglasses too, like a boss.

17806211.jpg

5763646322_4c6e0a367c.jpg

And here he is again, getting thai massage.

Edited by ricku

He's been there awhile, I recall seeing him months ago. Like the thai massage photo, very cute - he looks like a very happy dog smile.png

There also used to be a cute dog who worked with some beggars at the same station. I don't usually give but that dog, with the cup between his paws, almost got me. Walked by next day, same dog, new beggar. Dog got more money than the people did so he was a very well taken care of little dog.

I'm not really a dog person, but I find that for the most part, Bangkok Soi dogs are pretty nice, if not friendly. I guess we can thank their effort for undoing the inbreeding humans have subjected them to for centuries.

They don't look like anything, but seem quite "balanced" and really used to human proximity.

Feeding soi dogs is seen as many thais as an act of kindness. Most of them are really well fed. I once dropped a moo ping on the floor. The street vendor tried to convince a dog to eat it, but it wasn't hungry apparently.

This tradition, unfortunately, makes the problem worse, as well-fed dogs reproduce even faster...