Shipping Belongings From Bangkok To Uk Question

JoelOrmsby

I am moving back to the UK from Bangkok soon and have a accumulated an amount of goods, too many to carry in normal luggage. Is it possible to send them by ship without having to pay tens of thousands of baht? I need information on shipping including prices, please help.

Thanks J Ormsby

So how much do you consider to be10 thousands of baht?

The cheapest way to go is hire thai movers to box your belongings and provide you with an inventory.

Hire an independent shipper (and I can recommend one that we used) to obtain the container for you (assuming we are talking container worth of goods).

the container will be delivered to your residence (assuming there is space for it to be parked) and then you have the movers load your boxes of goods and pack them on the container.

Pay the shipping company for additional insurance.. you have the invenotry which was not prepared by you so customs will not scrutinize your belongings and bam you are on your way.

now when you arrive in the UK you can hire someone to clear customs for you and have the goods delivered to your new home (or you can ask the shipper person if they have connections in the UK).

I speak from experience.

Most of the companies offer shipment of a size no smaller than 4 cubic meter. I have found companies that do 2 cubic meters. The cost varies but expect to pay 25-30.000 THB for 2 cubic meters and double that for 4, that's the offers I've received. Though I have no clue if I'm taken for a ride.

Hi, I've just shipped back 2.5 cubic metres using an agent I'd previously used for business shipments. Their quote was still the cheapest for personal shipments and their service is good. So, at the Thai end this came to the equivalent of £300 (bear in mind the cost per cm3 is cheap, it's all the additional costs that add up!). Now, clearing this and getting it transported from dock to house in the UK was an additional £500. Shipping is NOT as cheap as it first sounds - too many extras involved. This was a personal shipment with no tax also.