New Spam, Beware

maidu

the return email address is: [email protected]

the title reads something like: Your email account has been suspended

(I can't recall exactly, because I put the offending email in my 'spam' folder, and now can't access it to see its title)

the text reads:

Dear customer,

Your E-mail account access have been suspended and blocked due to un-authorised usage of your e-mail for virus spreading.

You have violated our TOS,we require you to re-register and re-enable your account now.

To update your informations please follow the link below :

RESOLVE NOW

This verification will allow us to activate new features for your account on our system.

Old school phishing.

People get a bit more cautious mow, but over the millions recipients, there will be a hundred careless enough to get caught and leave their details on the shady site. Enough for the criminals (you can't really call them hackers, as it requires little technical knowledge to pull up such a trick) to make good money.

you're right, they're not really 'hackers', instead they could be called spammers or thieves.

As you say, it's rather 'old world' for most of us, though I have been sucked in by more than one nefarious ruse in the past 20 years. Some of the most effective come out of UK and Ireland.

The URL hosting the email address (info.com) for the one in the OP is managed from UK.

It's tough to police that stuff. Good luck Scotland Yard.

Actually the "resolve now" link is the baddie. That return email address means nothing as it obviously did not come from them. They only used that as many people probably have accounts there - it could just as easily have been sent from you to you in the header as they fake that all the time.