13 Reasons Why I Like My Galaxy Note More Than My Iphone 4S

oakweb

13 Reasons why I like my Galaxy Note more than my Iphone 4s

I've been a long time user of Iphone's, since their first one came out. I'm not an Apple fan in any way, I do think they have

a great OS and IOS is also impressive. But with my recent purchase of the Galaxy Note, I can say I like it more.

#1 My eyes are not what they used to be, the Galaxy Note lets me see things easier

#2 The unit fits nicely on my Chevy Captiva screen area and acts as a Navigation System (still waiting on Chevy for English GPS Version)

#3 I can simply transfer files to and from my computer without going into the Apple World to do it, no Itunes yea!

#4 Camera and Video on the Note is better since the screen is larger, I can't always see the iPhone screen that well

#5 It has a pen! perfect for practicing writing Thai or simply drawing something out

#6 GPS Navigation with the Galaxy Note is fantastic, the screen is the perfect size (I highly recommend Sygic GPS, works great in BKK .. found Ikea easily)

#7 Faster processor - my Skype would choke on my Iphone4s, I could never load all my contacts. Galaxy Note handles it easily

#8 Easier to arrange applications in Galaxy Note - with the Iphone4s you have be agile to hold down apps to drag them into category boxes.. it's a pain

#9 Galaxy Note back button is easy to move back and forth between functions, I always know where to hit back with it

#10 I'm able to block numbers from calling me with the Galaxy Note using Call Guard, Apple does not have that nor do I think they will ever let an app like that exist

#11 Galaxy Note works in my Captiva for voice calling and answering, all my Iphones do not. Some kind of bug

#12 Easy to remove mini SD card, you can buy them anywhere and put them right in the phone

#13 Takes a standard SIM, not the super small PIA ones

Here are the things I don't like

#1 No Flipboard for Android! I hope it comes out soon

#2 No more working out with the phone in my pocket. Pretty sure its just a little too big to do that

#3 No Category Folders on one screen. I do like the way I can drop similar apps into a category I name on the Iphone.

#4 No search in "applications". I can't seem to find it, maybe I'm missing something

#5 Iphone4s Siri is superior so far to Androids, I don't know why it likes to cApitAlize woRds incorrectly

#6 No docking station yet in Thailand that I can find, guess I have to wait

#7 Buttons on the Galaxy Note drive me crazy, you turn it off and on from the side. Volume is on the other side. As

a result you often are turning it off and on when you turn it up or down.

I'm still using both, walking around with 2 phones is a pain but with the Note it's like a tablet too. If anyone is thinking about

getting a smart phone and never has had one I guess I'd still say the iPhone is a great way to go if you can afford it. The Android

phones can be a bit technical sometimes.

• Like 2

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just swtiched over to iphone last week (4s) from years as blackberry user. I love my iphone- far better than BB in terms of all the apps and functions and SIRI (though if you ONLY want to make calls/email then BB is simpler to use), personally i use my phone for internet, skype, and other apps more than calling/smsing.

My friends who bought Galaxy did so because they didnt have the money for an iphone 4s which seems to be the most common reason i see for getting a galaxy.

Thanks for the review.

Hey, I am no Apple fanboy but wait till you use Kies. You will be swearing Samsung.

The beauty of Android, among many, many reasons, is that you do not have to use a proprietary file system or manager. You do not even have to use KIES. Simply install the USB drivers, plug in your Samsung (or any Android device) phone into your PC and voila, it shows up as a hard drive. You can drag/drop/copy files. I've had an SGS1 for ~ 15 months and never used KIES once. In fact, it is not installed on any of my PCs. Now for some, KIES may be a good user interface for managing the phone; I have seen some people using it successfully so would like to hear more about your issues with it.

Edited by lomatopo
  • Like 1

Good review.:

>>#1 No Flipboard for Android! I hope it comes out soon

Google Currents is a contender, but needs some root to get the thing hacked to work beyond the US.

>>#2 No more working out with the phone in my pocket. Pretty sure its just a little too big to do that

A toss off between keeping a big unit or wearing a pair a glasses with smaller devices like the S2.

>>#3 No Category Folders on one screen. I do like the way I can drop similar apps into a category I name on the Iphone.

Android has option to make folders and you can categorize them with a name.

>>#4 No search in "applications". I can't seem to find it, maybe I'm missing something

Google search can be configured to search anything including applciations?

>>#6 No docking station yet in Thailand that I can find, guess I have to wait

Who needs one with wireless connectivity?

• Like 1

Good review.:

Google Currents is a contender, but needs some root to get the thing hacked to work beyond the US.

Is Pulse a viable alternative to Flipboard?

+1, yes like Pulse also....I also use Dolphin browser which comes with webzines.. many options to pick and choose.

Yea, glad I dumped my iPhone too.

I find AllShare is great. I clicked it and it automatically brought up the two computers in the house. I was able to copy music from my office PC onto my phone while sitting in the living room. Pretty sure I couldn't do that on the iPhone. At least not so easily.

I just swtiched over to iphone last week (4s) from years as blackberry user. I love my iphone- far better than BB in terms of all the apps and functions and SIRI (though if you ONLY want to make calls/email then BB is simpler to use), personally i use my phone for internet, skype, and other apps more than calling/smsing.

My friends who bought Galaxy did so because they didnt have the money for an iphone 4s which seems to be the most common reason i see for getting a galaxy.

The Note is 22,000 Baht.

And I am with the OP, I seriously dislike that bloatware (and the control factor) of Itunes. I have the money and I still say no thanks to Apple, sorry.

I am looking at the Note, thanks for the review, still hemming and hawing tho...

• Like 2

i have three 7 year old Motorola Razrs, each with a different SIM. here are my 20 main reasons why i like them:

-i use them to make phone calls

-i use them to receive phone calls

I have had the Note for nearly 2 months not. I have owned an iPhone and two previous Android devices, both HTC. I love the freedom on Android. I had to Jail Break my IPhone to get half the flexibility. I do like the design iPhones, they look great, but I loathe iTunes.

While I agree with the poster above that many people buy Android's because they can't afford an iPhone, for many that is due to their own ignorance and devotion to brand perception and little to due with the ease of use or functionality of the phone.

I've found the Galaxy Note to be the best phone I have used by far. It is almost too big, but not quite. I can work out in the gym with it in my pocket, can fit it in my jeans/work trousers comfortably, even when riding my motorbike.

The Galaxy Note is slim, fast, and very user friendly. I skinned it with Go Launcher EX (available in the market), and now it is even more user friendly.

I see iPhone users staring longingly at the Note's massive, beautiful screen. Truth be told, when I hold my iPhone now I feel like I have been served a half-pint. Sure sometimes that is all you need, but who the heck ever orders one?

i have three 7 year old Motorola Razrs, each with a different SIM. here are my 20 main reasons why i like them:

Math may not be your strong suit; you've listed two (2) reasons, and repeated them ten times.

Seriously, not everyone needs a smartphone; for some a simple telephone is sufficient. But for those who do want/need more, we are blessed with a huge selection: iOS, Android, WMP and a breadth of models. The range on Android: from ~ 5,000 baht to 22,000 baht is impressive. Of course Apple has the Model T approach, albeit available in back or white, with a single model. WMP is coming on with a unique and different UI on models from Nokia and HTC.

The Samsung Galaxy Note is a very successful model proving that there is a big market in the mono-block <--> tablet 'tween space. As we can see from the first-person reviews here the Note appears to be very solid.

Edited by lomatopo

There are many people I would never advise an Android phone, e.g. Naam... if Naam came to me and said, "I'm ready for a smart phone but I'm not tech savy" I'd have to say go with an iPhone. I think at that level Apple really does have the market. But lets say

you are someone who is comfortable with technology, you probably would really love the Galaxy Note. That being said, I purchased 2 Galaxy Notes and one was for my friend who never had a smart phone before. By the end of the day he was taking pictures

and using the basic functions easy. Time will tell how many questions I get from him, but he really liked the screen since his eyes are older than mine. I think the user has to get it in their hands and give them both a try, it's getting to be a close race now for

entry level smart phone users.

embrace the future :)

I couldn't get Google Currents in the Market, maybe because I am here? I quickly found the apk, side-loaded it and started playing around with it. Looks interesting.

Ah thanks for that, didn't realize it worked side loaded. Got it as well. Yes, if you look on Android web site, says out of region so not available to download.

Good review.:

Is Pulse a viable alternative to Flipboard?

No Flipboard is still the best out there

There are many people I would never advise an Android phone, e.g. Naam... if Naam came to me and said, "I'm ready for a smart phone but I'm not tech savy"...

why would anybody who is smart need a smart phone? huh.png e.g. Oakway... if Oakway came to me and said "i'm ready to make some phone calls from a mobile phone but i'm not tech savy I'd say "go with a second hand Motorola Razr."

why would anybody who is smart need a smart phone? huh.png

My guess is that if you have to ask that question you definitely don't need a smartphone.

It's clear you just trolling, maybe move on to another sub-forum?

stating facts and/or personal opinions is not trolling! maybe you stop lecturing me?

why would anybody who is smart need a smart phone? huh.png

My guess is that if you have to ask that question you definitely don't need a smartphone.

It's clear you just trolling, maybe move on to another sub-forum?

stating facts and/or personal opinions is not trolling! maybe you stop lecturing me?

Who's lecturing whom? ("why would anybody who is smart need a smartphone" sounds like as much of a lecture as any of my posts.)

But it's easy enough to add you to my Ignore list so I don't have to read your trollish posts.

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Naam. View it anyway? No!

Edited by lomatopo

Something wrong with this post.

Motorola Razr's don't last 7 years.

Edited by janverbeem

I have both the iPhone4S and Galaxy Note...

now hardly use the iPad2 (as the Galaxy Note serves as my tablet)...unless Im on a trip (plane or train)

BUT if iPhone 5 comes out with a large screen....no contest...iPhone 5 only for me...