Tourist Visa Validity?

Hey Folks,

Hope all is well! Thanks for everyone's time beforehand!

If I obtain a double entry tourist visa, which is valid for 180 days from issue, and I actually visit Thailand later say at 110 days after the visa has been issued (visiting other countries first), so my first 60 days brings me to 170 days from date of issue. If I leave and come back, as the validity is for 180 days, does that means my 2nd entry is limited to 10 days? Or do I have a full 60 regardless of the date when the validity ends (as in, I just need to have entered by that point, and whichever entry I'm on is the last for that visa)?

Thanks for your help!

You must use both entries before the validity date of the visa itself expires or you lose that entry. (It will most times be 6 months from date of issuance, not 180 days).

So don't apply well in advance, if you enter Thailand for the first time after 170 days, you will only have lightly more than 10 days left to use the second entry or you lose that entry. If you enter a second time a day before the visa tself expires you get a full 60 days, which can be extended by 30 days.

no your second entry wont be limted to 10 days you will get 60 days added on (it's ok for the visa to expire and still be in thailand).

there is also a system here to extend each entry - that costs 1900 baht each time so you could extend the first to get that 10 days and also extend the second entry and will get 30 days on that one.

you can also have a gap between the entries so when you goto a border for the activation of the second visa entry you can stay in that neighboring country for say 7-9 days if you want.

like mario said you have a enter before date shown on the visa so make sure you come back into thailand the second time a day before that date printed on the visa.

you wont really lose much by applying very early as long as you get the 6 months validity and not 3 .

:)