O Visa Renewal In Uk

Sorry if this question has been asked before but I can't put my finger on it.

I have an O Visa issued at Hull which expires on 30th June. Since I will be in the UK at the end of March can I apply for a new visa or do I have to wait for the old one to expire.

Many Thanks

Orac

non Imm O visas are valid from the date of issue and each one is regarded as a 'new' visa. There is actually no such thing as a 'renewal'. Over-lapping is normal depending on an individuals travel circumstances and there is no problem in applying before the expiry of an existing visa.

You can not have more than one valid visa so if you attempt to obtain a new visa from an office other than the one you used before they may refuse to provide (most would not want to invalidate another Consulates visa). So make sure before travel if this might be a factor. Normally if the same office it will not be a problem.

Looks like the consensus is I should be able to get the existing O Visa (marriage) cancelled at Hull where it was issued and a new 12 month multi entry issued. Only new ruling/change I can see is a requirement for a copy of my Thai wifes ID or passport in addition to the copy Thai Marriage Certificate I had to produce last time.

Many thanks for all your help.