Mazda Bt-50 Launched

I just got a call from Mazda. We order a BT-50 Pro 3.2 AT 4x4 4 door the top model at end of February. Mazda said there will not be any 3.2 BT-50 4x4 until January 2013. <deleted>! Anyone else get the call today?

Considering the problems Ford is having with the 3.2 this doesn't come as a surprise. Glad I ordered the 2.2.

Girls ride. rolleyes.gif

Much nicer ride, much better ride, much better looking, much better equipped, much more car than your Vigo mate. Why do you always try to provoke people BTW? Or are you trying to be funny, which you're not.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a call from Mazda. We order a BT-50 Pro 3.2 AT 4x4 4 door the top model at end of February. Mazda said there will not be any 3.2 BT-50 4x4 until January 2013. <deleted>! Anyone else get the call today?

Considering the problems Ford is having with the 3.2 this doesn't come as a surprise. Glad I ordered the 2.2.

Girls ride. rolleyes.gif

Much nicer ride, much better ride, much better looking, much better equipped, much more car than your Vigo mate. Why do you always try to provoke people BTW? Or are you trying to be funny, which you're not.

Soooo maybe the lads who say they have a 3.2 4x4 better look under the hood for 5 injectors and under the front axle for stubs.......just saying...lolcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

So how come Supercatsu and some others got a 3.2 vehicle?

Strange....maybe off the line before they decided to stop production for Thailand.?

Hope they ain't an orphans now ..that would be a bit of a worry if production issues were also technical.

Probably unlikely though since Oz and NZ have 'em...?

2 days ago

Strange....maybe off the line before they decided to stop production for Thailand.?

Hope they ain't an orphans now ..that would be a bit of a worry if production issues were also technical.

Yes I have mine... 2000km so far... so happy with that car...

More then probably it is just a production issue . They allready made the production capacity bigger but the orders in general keep pouring in . In order to make things a bit simpler and so streamline it a big more it is easier if the biggest orders are served , which for Thai spec is 2.2 engines while for Aus spec is the 3.2 . The waiting orders for 2.2 in Thailand can be shortened and the ones for 3.2 is Australia can also be met easier . That is just a guess , but like you mentioned , some have it allready and the is no news of callbacks ( like when having a problem ) or from orders in other countries put to a stop .

• Like 1

Pic of the four largest pickups in Thailand. Personally I like the Mazda wink.png

173036sivj5555yysrysss.jpg

I agree. When the Mazda first come out I wasn't so keen, now I like it and the others look dated IMO.

Pic of the four largest pickups in Thailand. Personally I like the Mazda wink.png

All of those trucks are ugly with those oversized wheels. I would be ashamed of being seen climbing into those things.

I really wonder what goes on in the mind of those trucks owners. They willingly disposed of a decent amount of money in order to make their truck look ridiculous, less confortable and probably performing worse than with original wheels. "Racing" tyres and bling bling shiny rims on a 2 tons 4WD diesel truck? That's borderline retarded. Well I guess it makes money circulate faster and that should be good for the economy.

All of those trucks are ugly with those oversized wheels. I would be ashamed of being seen climbing into those things.

I really wonder what goes on in the mind of those trucks owners. They willingly disposed of a decent amount of money in order to make their truck look ridiculous, less confortable and probably performing worse than with original wheels. "Racing" tyres and bling bling shiny rims on a 2 tons 4WD diesel truck? That's borderline retarded. Well I guess it makes money circulate faster and that should be good for the economy.

These all have too big wheels , that is for sure . The Ranger is the 1 with the most decend ones , while the others are just too big , anyway you look at them . Now, having the bling bling can be very nice IMHO , it is all depending on style and size .

@flying were you looking for a white 2.2L MT 746k 4dr? If so, at rayong mazda , its in the showroom, ready.

Thanks for the heads up mr3cho!

But I ended up buying a 2010 Isuzu Dmax super platinum 4dr..3.0 AT full option

One previous German owner with an easy 30k kilometers on it.

I tried to find a new Mazda & finally thought it was not possible. Also since I am renting a vehicle I was

not willing to wait months.

Of course now one is available smile.png Isn't that always the way

It's ok I am pretty happy with the Dmax so far.

Thanks though.

is it a 4x4? and may i ask what is the market price for a 2010 d-max?

Does Mazda (or Ford) do extensive engine break-ins on these motors before leaving the factory? If they don't I'm wondering if I should change the engine oil to rid of any metal particles or dust. I have approx. 2000km. What do you think?

recommended service km is fine, the oil filter will do its job.

Does Mazda (or Ford) do extensive engine break-ins on these motors before leaving the factory? If they don't I'm wondering if I should change the engine oil to rid of any metal particles or dust. I have approx. 2000km. What do you think?

Edited by gosompoi

A couple of years ago i did have the same question , since it always used to be like that . The answer i got from the mechanics ( not in Thailand ) was that the 1st oil should stay in . It is a bit different from the oil they put in after , but is made for running in engines . The engines itself nowadays are also not the same like 30 years ago . They are precision build from the start and have far less metal scrapings go off .The oil filters are also a lot improved over the years , so they really filter the oil sufficient . The time of running in a engine very quiet is over . You should take care , but only nearly the same as after 100k km .

Ordered today (2.2 / 4 door / Hi-Ricer / Auto ) - Delivery time as per contract until the end of August

Today I received a call from the Mazda dealer - that ordered car (silver color) is ready for collection.

I am a little surprised, because the delivery time was only 2 weeks.

Will inspect the car tomorrow...

Must be observed something special..? What Mileage should have a new car...?

Ordered today (2.2 / 4 door / Hi-Ricer / Auto ) - Delivery time as per contract until the end of August

Today I received a call from the Mazda dealer - that ordered car (silver color) is ready for collection.

Mine is still waiting ... well i expected it .

Back to your post , when i ordered mine , they told me that if i order a different color then white or black the delivery time is quite a lot shorter .

In the western world it is somewhere between 0 and 50 km . I expect the same in Thailand .

Mine is still waiting ... well i expected it .

Back to your post , when i ordered mine , they told me that if i order a different color then white or black the delivery time is quite a lot shorter .

In the western world it is somewhere between 0 and 50 km . I expect the same in Thailand .

yes i believe when i picked up mine it was 15-20km. Congrats albhol. Dont forget to report back with your new truck.

Thank you !

Have checked the car today and found no defect.

A manufacturer's sticker on the vehicle window is dated on 18 June, seems to be a new car crazy.gif

If the bank will transfer the complete purchase price coming Friday in one go to the dealer, then I'll report you soon.

If the bank only transfer about 100,000 THB a day (what the dealer is concerned) then the delivery date shifts.

By the way, the dealer told me that I would have to wait for an English or German language manual about 2 months.

Therefore, looking for English or German manual, gladly as a PDF file...

Ford Ranger 2012 User Manual PDF

http://www.ford-rang...ners Manual.pdf

if anyone finds the Mazda version let us know!

Edited by gosompoi

I got the Mazda today! Love it :-)

Suspension comfortable, great steering. Practical and nice interior.

2200 cc with automatic = more than sufficient motorized in Thailand.

Highly recommended! BUY it :-)

Edited by albhol

Ordered mine 5 weeks ago, white AT 2.2

Dealer said 4 weeks, hasn't turned up so started calling various dealer each day looking for a cancelation or available showroom car. Got one in 2 days of calling.

I am in the process of ordering either a Mazda BT50 or a Ford Ranger. Apart from the obvious style difference it's actually quite difficult for me to compare specs for the Thai models as they are all in Thai and I can't find an English version on the net (unless some kind soul can tell me where?).

I am looking at the 2.2 HiRacer XLT or equivalent and it seems for a slightly lower price I can get the Ford with airbags (which the Mazda unbelievably does not have) but the Mazda has blue tooth and limited slip differential which the Ford does not have. There are apparently other differences but I have not managed to clarify these yet.

I have an old 2008 ranger and it is tough as nails. I love the new Ranger. It is my dream truck. When my 2008 dies I am in line for sure.I buy new on a 10 year time line. In ten years I figure I have gotten my moneys worth and can sell and buy new again.... HARD to wait though.. :)

Edited by garyk

Ok, so as previously posted after waiting four weeks we rang around and found one in stock. Had it for a week now and no real complaints. Other than the rims and maybe a sports bar for the tray it will remain pretty much stock. Drives well and is amazingly quite and smooth for a truck, on a good road at 100k plus all you hear is silence

While I like the look, I'm not altogether satisfied that the rims were a good idea

uVlAF.jpg

Ok, so as previously posted after waiting four weeks we rang around and found one in stock. Had it for a week now and no real complaints. Other than the rims and maybe a sports bar for the tray it will remain pretty much stock. Drives well and is amazingly quite and smooth for a truck, on a good road at 100k plus all you hear is silence

While I like the look, I'm not altogether satisfied that the rims were a good idea

uVlAF.jpg

Don't want to up set the boat but it looks like a Gummy Shark from the front or a Smiley face

Edited by John 1