Mazda Bt-50 Launched

Hi Guys,

I have a 2.2 Ranger WT on order and a visit at Ford Pattaya yesterday revealed that they don't know when I can have the truck, but sometime next year. I have also several times asked Ford for a test drive in any Ranger model, but no, no test cars around.

Today we visited Mazda Pattaya and had a look at the 2.2 Hi-Racer auto to 874K bath and I must say I quite like the interior. I asked for a test drive and they said no problem as long as I can drive manual transmission, so off we went.

I am very impressed with the riding position and how quiet and nice the truck fells, good pull from the 2.2L Ford engine as well only thing I felt slightly bad (during a very short test drive) was a noisy vent fan at speed 3&4.

I like the gun metal blue on which there is a 2 month waiting time, 1 month for some other colors, I am not interested in. They don't take orders on 3.2L.

Freebies BT50: 1 year 1st class insurance, matts, window film, bed liner, no. plate frames.

Ranger WT freebies: Matts, window film (have bed liner already) and that's about it. Only free 1year 1st class insurance on XLT models.

Now my big dilemma is: should I cancel my WT 2.2 order and order a BT-50 (I can't take it before Jan 2013, due to work) or should I wait for the Chili WT I really like but haven't tried. We have a 2006 Honda City to technically we can wait, but you know how boys are waiting for Christmas presents, LOL.

I hope you guys are give me some inputs helping me make up my mind, thanks.

I will post this in Ranger forum as well.

I ordered a Ranger WT 2.2 4x4 in January and March 1st ordered a BT-50 Pro 3.2l 4x4, I kept both orders and the Mazda arrived first. Thank goodness it did, I love it! At first when I ordered the Mazda I liked the ford looks better on the outside and the Mazda looks on the inside. I love in the interior and exterior I like even better than the ford now. It drives like a dream. Sure the 2.2L might get better fuel economy than 3.2L but I have driven both the 3.2l makes the truck a whole package of pleasure. I use it about 30% off road and 70% on road, it preforms like a tank off road. The extra torque of 3.2l off road amazing. Just wish I owned an automatic drive-thru car wash to clean the daily mud baths. I would only change one thing, I would remove the extra-fake-useless tail lights in the tailgate like poster Superkatsu did if it didn't cost extra.

Edited by gosompoi

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

I have a 2.2 Ranger WT on order and a visit at Ford Pattaya yesterday revealed that they don't know when I can have the truck, but sometime next year. I have also several times asked Ford for a test drive in any Ranger model, but no, no test cars around.

Today we visited Mazda Pattaya and had a look at the 2.2 Hi-Racer auto to 874K bath and I must say I quite like the interior. I asked for a test drive and they said no problem as long as I can drive manual transmission, so off we went.

I am very impressed with the riding position and how quiet and nice the truck fells, good pull from the 2.2L Ford engine as well only thing I felt slightly bad (during a very short test drive) was a noisy vent fan at speed 3&4.

I like the gun metal blue on which there is a 2 month waiting time, 1 month for some other colors, I am not interested in. They don't take orders on 3.2L.

Freebies BT50: 1 year 1st class insurance, matts, window film, bed liner, no. plate frames.

Ranger WT freebies: Matts, window film (have bed liner already) and that's about it. Only free 1year 1st class insurance on XLT models.

Now my big dilemma is: should I cancel my WT 2.2 order and order a BT-50 (I can't take it before Jan 2013, due to work) or should I wait for the Chili WT I really like but haven't tried. We have a 2006 Honda City to technically we can wait, but you know how boys are waiting for Christmas presents, LOL.

I ordered a Ranger WT 2.2 4x4 in January and March 1st ordered a BT-50 Pro 3.2l 4x4, I kept both orders and the Mazda arrived first. Thank goodness it did, I love it! At first when I ordered the Mazda I liked the ford looks better on the outside and the Mazda looks on the inside. I love in the interior and exterior I like even better than the ford now. It drives like a dream. Sure the 2.2L might get better fuel economy than 3.2L but I have driven both the 3.2l makes the truck a whole package of pleasure. I use it about 30% off road and 70% on road, it preforms like a tank off road. The extra torque of 3.2l off road amazing. Just wish I owned an automatic drive-thru car wash to clean the daily mud baths. I would only change one thing, I would remove the extra-fake-useless tail lights in the tailgate like poster Superkatsu did if it didn't cost extra.

You mentioned the mud baths. I don't take mine off road very often but I find that just a small puddle on the road results in dirt being sprayed down the whole side, especially the near side. Does anyone else find this annoying or am I being too fussy? Better still, has anyone found an improved mud flap design or other solution to reduce the spray down the side?

Hi Guys,

You mentioned the mud baths. I don't take mine off road very often but I find that just a small puddle on the road results in dirt being sprayed down the whole side, especially the near side. Does anyone else find this annoying or am I being too fussy? Better still, has anyone found an improved mud flap design or other solution to reduce the spray down the side?

I agree, I think what is needed is not better mud flaps but fender flares. The flat/flush design of the fenders leads to mud spray from the tires down the side of the truck. It seems to be fine spray not heavy mud from the tires. My solution is just get the truck extra dirty so I do not notice and hope someone comes out with some nice looking fender flares for off road.

Yep

Hi Guys,

I agree, I think what is needed is not better mud flaps but fender flares. The flat/flush design of the fenders leads to mud spray from the tires down the side of the truck. It seems to be fine spray not heavy mud from the tires. My solution is just get the truck extra dirty so I do not notice and hope someone comes out with some nice looking fender flares for off road.

Agreed, fender flares would be nice. It looks like the rangers got theirs already...

194424k4dr3jkl33t3yyjd.jpg

Hi Guys,

Agreed, fender flares would be nice. It looks like the rangers got theirs already...

194424k4dr3jkl33t3yyjd.jpg

Look at the Ranger in the picture, the front wheel still has the mud/dirt spay I get daily on my BT-50 even with the extra fender flares. Maybe the tires/tyres and wheel are wider too. Maybe fender flares are not the answer. Do not know. But I also noticed the BT-50 pro in the background has a fender marker light and chrome rings around the fog lights.

I have noticed the rear end of the BT-50 pro likes to hop when off-roading or I hit large holes in the road and when it does the whole truck jumps in same direction to side of the truck that hit the hole. Not a little either, almost thrown me off the road a couple of times. The front suspension handles it fine, but when it hits the rear wheel the truck jumps a tire width or more toward the side of impact with hole in the road.

Hi Guys,

Yes, I also like that blue colour, I had a BT50 in that colour for one week when mine was delayed.

I have a BT50 A/T 2.2, and am very, very happy with it. Drives excellent, 2.2 is enough, looks excellent.

I have noticed the rear end of the BT-50 pro likes to hop when off-roading or I hit large holes in the road and when it does the whole truck jumps in same direction to side of the truck that hit the hole. Not a little either, almost thrown me off the road a couple of times. The front suspension handles it fine, but when it hits the rear wheel the truck jumps a tire width or more toward the side of impact with hole in the road.

At what speed do you hit the potholes? The fact that it is a pickup means it will always be lighter in the back when unloaded (and thus more prone to such a behavior). The key is very simple: reduce speed. wink.png

You are driving a truck, not a sports car (not to say that the sports car would not have its own suspensions destroyed by such a treatment)...

The optimum handling for a pickup is obtained when fully loaded (at least that is what the veterans here around will explain you).

Just found this neat trick or upgrade box for the new BT-40 Pro on youtube that when you lock your doors with your factory remote it auto-folds the trucks mirrors. They say only affects your mirrors folding operation when you are not driving and locking by remote.

Just found this neat trick or upgrade box for the new BT-40 Pro on youtube that when you lock your doors with your factory remote it auto-folds the trucks mirrors. They say only affects your mirrors folding operation when you are not driving and locking by remote.

Just gave them a call, they told me they don't have this yet for the BT50. Also on their website the BT50 is not mentioned. But they do have this vdo on YouTube, <deleted>?

Just gave them a call, they told me they don't have this yet for the BT50. Also on their website the BT50 is not mentioned. But they do have this vdo on YouTube, <deleted>?

<deleted>, is right, did they have a kid inside the truck we can not see? I guess the key word is not yet! I think it is a smart idea, I can wait! I like the video anyways, even if it is a tease! Thanks for calling.

Check out this link for locking/folding mirrors : http://www.simplycoo...roducts/smc.asp

There's a few guys who have installed these on Rangers over on one of the forums - should be the same parts for the BT50 I would imagine?

I emailed them today, yup they have it for the BT-50 and I'll let you know the price tomorrow.

Okay the folding mirror module is 1100 baht ems included. from

http://www.simplycoolshop.com/shop/product.php?id_product=13

I've ordered mine, I will update later on it's performance.

• Like 1

Hi,

So 2 months of having a BT-50 Pro... very happy, I think I will change the speakers as they don't handle bass very well, any recommendations?

I want a bloody tonneau cover, I have seen ONE on a BT-50 Pro (2012 ) at a gas station a month back, and for the life of me I am getting nowhere on this.

I think I would take anything now, bugga the looks.

I am trying to get one thru pickupway on Rama 2 road, but I chase them up, they don't chase me!!

So anyone know of another installer/retailer who can actually speak inglit and also does a good job?

F@CKWIT FORD took 7 weeks to give me my 5k back.

I parked smack in the middle of the yard, security went nuts and I made a bit of a scene, 4 days later the money came.

The dealer is a prick.

• Like 1

Hi,

So 2 months of having a BT-50 Pro... very happy, I think I will change the speakers as they don't handle bass very well, any recommendations?

I want a bloody tonneau cover, I have seen ONE on a BT-50 Pro (2012 ) at a gas station a month back, and for the life of me I am getting nowhere on this.

I am trying to get one thru pickupway on Rama 2 road, but I chase them up, they don't chase me!!

So anyone know of another installer/retailer who can actually speak inglit and also does a good job?

I parked smack in the middle of the yard, security went nuts and I made a bit of a scene, 4 days later the money came.

The dealer is a prick.

Perhaps try this place:

http://www.vvp4x4.com/

or this place:

http://www.tradewiththailand.com/en/component/content/article/103-market-places-worachak-automotive-district.html

Sorry, I haven't been to any of these places so can't comment on their Eng or service. Just heard of them and passing the info along.

Here is the dist list from aeroklas:

http://www.aeroklas.com/distri.php

or carryboy:

http://www.carryboy.com/

Hi,

The dealer is a prick.

I am getting my tonneau cover from tontop.co.th in Bangkok Thursday They are very helpful and responsibly priced too. 8,500 baht for flip up&roll up combo for the 4 door model BT-50.

• Like 1

Check out this link for locking/folding mirrors : http://www.simplycoo...roducts/smc.asp

There's a few guys who have installed these on Rangers over on one of the forums - should be the same parts for the BT50 I would imagine?

I emailed them today, yup they have it for the BT-50 and I'll let you know the price tomorrow.

Okay the folding mirror module is 1100 baht ems included. from

http://www.simplycoo...p?id_product=13

I've ordered mine, I will update later on it's performance.

Okay, I got, installed it myself, works like a charm and has a lot of settings, I only changed one setting from the defaults. I very happy. It took almost two hours from start to finish but I took a few extra install steps like heat shrink tubing and blade connectors just if I want to remove it in the future. Lock my doors with the remote and 10 seconds later the mirrors fold close. Normal function still works when the key is engaged and can unfold them with the remote if I would ever wish to do this. I disabled the default feature of auto-unfold 3 second after opening drivers door.

• Like 1

Hi,

The dealer is a prick.

I am getting my tonneau cover from tontop.co.th in Bangkok Thursday They are very helpful and responsibly priced too. 8,500 baht for flip up&roll up combo for the 4 door model BT-50.

So how is it?

Is it waterproof and is it fitted properly

Not my 1st choice, but that price makes me happy...

Thanks

Hi,

The dealer is a prick.

So how is it?

Is it waterproof and is it fitted properly

Not my 1st choice, but that price makes me happy...

Thanks

Waterproof, yep. soft covers are never 100% waterproof but I drove in heavy rain for three days on Koh Chang and still dry in back. Fitted by the manufacturer and looks like it was made just right for the truck. For the price it is a dream, other maker wanted 23,000 and would needed to wait 4 to six months.

I ordered mine the very end of Feb. They are only making 400 BT-50 Pro 3.2 4x4 for Thailand a year. I have had my 3.2 4x4 for two weeks, within the first week I have noticed heavy rust on front end suspension nuts. I will take pictures tomorrow.

Any photos mate?

My truck is now over 2 months old with 5km and 700km from the sea, here are some examples of the rust on the nuts. Anyone else?

post-49706-0-72534000-1350624090_thumb.j

post-49706-0-78791600-1350624114_thumb.j

post-49706-0-23501100-1350624136_thumb.j

post-49706-0-15137600-1350624163_thumb.j

post-49706-0-95095200-1350624186_thumb.j

post-49706-0-91260800-1350624212_thumb.j

post-49706-0-22567700-1350624238_thumb.j

post-49706-0-26370300-1350624257_thumb.j

Edited by gosompoi

I ordered mine the very end of Feb. They are only making 400 BT-50 Pro 3.2 4x4 for Thailand a year. I have had my 3.2 4x4 for two weeks, within the first week I have noticed heavy rust on front end suspension nuts. I will take pictures tomorrow.

Any photos mate?

My truck is now over 2 months old with 5km and 700km from the sea, here are some examples of the rust on the nuts. Anyone else?

Yep I've got the same rust. Going to bring it into the dealer next week for collision repair and also ask them what they're going to do about the rust.

Any photos mate?

I'm so angry for you. After a couple of months my Cruze was making a howling sound like a trumpet that wouldn't stop. This is a "known issue" with the 1.8L cruze and the dealers know the fix, but still, having to bring in a brand spanking new car for repairs is bullCRAP.

Everything sucks.

I'm going to make that my signature.