Mazda Bt-50 Launched

They also don't come with airbags and reverse sensors, unlike the Ozzie version.

I was surprised to learn today that none of the Mazda BT50 model come equipped with sat/nav.

They do come with airbags just not as many as the Ozzie version. If Mazda/Ford thought there is a customer base in Thailand for a full spec vehicle at 1.5 to 1.8 million baht they would be offering it....

Instead they know nobody here will pay that coin for a pickup hence the fitted features are not the same.

• Like 2

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you get airbags in yours? My 2.2l manual does not have any.

When I looked at the BT-50 2 years ago, the hi-racer 2.2 manual was very basic. No ABS, no airbags. The auto version had everything - similar to Ford Wildtrak 2.2. Even reverse sensors. The manual version was much cheaper, even quite a bit cheaper than the Ford equivalent....

What model is your BT-50.

Top model 2.2l manual. I've asked for the airbags, to no avail. Other than that all included, ABS, also all leather. Doesn't make sense to me, that there are no airbags available. The reverse sensors I added myself, really helpful.

Similar Ford was about 90kTHB more expensive, looks better but they lied to me, interior is not as nice as in the Mazda and no freebies (Mazda throw free 1st class insurance in plus a lot of other stuff).

Edited by MadMac

Top model 2.2l manual. I've asked for the airbags, to no avail. Other than that all included, ABS, also all leather. Doesn't make sense to me, that there are no airbags available. The reverse sensors I added myself, really helpful.

Similar Ford was about 90kTHB more expensive, looks better but they lied to me, interior is not as nice as in the Mazda and no freebies (Mazda throw free 1st class insurance in plus a lot of other stuff).

What is this current fixation with black leather? Just about every pickup model I've looked at recently has had an acre of the stuff inside, just about impossible to find an interior that doesn't look like an undertakers wet dream.

Yeah, my wife asked for it and they just said ok :). It's nasty stuff when the cars stands in the sun. I would not take it again. On the other hand it's easy to clean when you bring the dog around. But that's all not as important as airbags, leather seats can't safe a life.

So no airbags at all, not even front bags for the driver and passenger ?

Thats weird as we have a few 2.2 Manual BT-50's here at work and they all have airbags.

Thats weird as we have a few 2.2 Manual BT-50's here at work and they all have airbags.

Are they the Hi-racer model?

As far as I can see not, that's also what they said. Normally you have a logo on the console, saying airbag. My one just has a BT-50 there. How to tell? Here is a pic.

BT_50.jpg

Edited by MadMac

Are they the Hi-racer model?

Yeah Hi-Racer.

Sorry for changing topic...does anyone replaced his stock tires on the BT? I'm looking for a reliable A/T 17"...my stock Bridgestone are all dried up....any recommendations? thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sorry for changing topic...does anyone replaced his stock tires on the BT? I'm looking for a reliable A/T 17"...my stock Bridgestone are all dried up....any recommendations? thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

there are the usual suspects, BF Goodrich, Yokohama (I use), Maxxis etc...