Airline Deals - Comments Only

craigt3365

We'll use this thread for comments relating to the pinned thread in the Travel forum:

Airline Information And Flight Deals For Expats - Pinned Thread

Please use the above thread for posting flight deals only. This thread will be for ongoing discussions of airline information.

Craig

Question to experts= E.g. I want to travel business class, preferably on OmanAir, to Frankfurt plus a few nights in a hotel in Fra. Oman directly does not offer this type of package deal.

It seems that even1 night Hotel stay can lead to a cheaper all in package tour price.

How would you go about it?

Question to experts= E.g. I want to travel business class, preferably on OmanAir, to Frankfurt plus a few nights in a hotel in Fra. Oman directly does not offer this type of package deal.

It seems that even1 night Hotel stay can lead to a cheaper all in package tour price.

How would you go about it?

Some travel agents might give you a package deal, have a look in the Bangkok Post for some company names also the Nation.

Oman only has the package to Munich, or use their partners to book.

sorry cannot be of more help

Edited by beano2274

Gernal question=

What about deals in BKK Post, The Nation , et altera, ? Are they all uncompetitive with online prices? Can't imagine that to be the case. They all offer super specialspecials. Or is the target group the non-internet client?

I must say, I enjoy browsing these ads, it much easier and more fun to have you fantasy trip in front of your eye without tedious clicks.

quatar advertises for £505 LHR-BKK, but for my dates it's £755.

dohop.com gave me a fare with singapore airlines for £537, some £70 cheaper then the other websites checked a few days ago.

I was quoted the same by their website and a few other online travel agents, BA were only £40 dearer for a direct flight, so may go with them. I'm curious is that £537 deal on SQ from Bangkok or Singapore? Does it have limitations like only staying a fortnight & booking 3 months in advance etc? The last time I got a sub £550/฿25k ticket it was littered with those kinds of conditions.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Edited by Stjohnm

• 1 month later...

I do find this info about airline deals really helpful, it enables spontaneous trips restricted to departures from Thailand.

One brainstorming idea is to create a small email alert program, which enables members to receive notifications tailored to their needs, e.g. some key words , Europe, Paris , time frame.

Actually, that might be worth some subscription money too me. There is more info on TV which may be of interest to be followed in a much more customized way than the overly broad subscriptions to an often convoluted thread,

I do find this info about airline deals really helpful, it enables spontaneous trips restricted to departures from Thailand.

One brainstorming idea is to create a small email alert program, which enables members to receive notifications tailored to their needs, e.g. some key words , Europe, Paris , time frame.

Actually, that might be worth some subscription money too me. There is more info on TV which may be of interest to be followed in a much more customized way than the overly broad subscriptions to an often convoluted thread,

Good point. But I'm pretty sure the forum software used here can't do that. I'll do some research though...