Young Squirrel Or ?

Make sure it is somwhere safe from directly being attacked or bothered and wait...it looks a bit like a possum, doesn't it? Can you see if it has suffered any damage? If so, maybe a wildlife place could give advice.

Thanks for quick response.

I imagine it is still quiet alert, because when I tried to feed it it growled and attacked the food.

It did not eat yet, but now is calmed down. I put it under a cover, so it is more secure.

Regards,

Leo.

looking at the flaps of skin it looks like a young flying squirrel

Thanks, I did a google search with "squirrel" but nothing that resembled my visitor came up.

But with "flying squirrel" I got an instant hit. And I feel more confident I can take of the animal

myself.

thanks a lot,

Leo.

I haven't a clue what it is, but if it fell out of a palm tree, perhaps it's vegetarian. You could try offering it some ripe fruit and see what happens.

I gave it a slice of papaya and after a while it started to nibble a bit. It had not touched any of the other foods I offered before. But the ripe papaya

did the trick.

thanks,

Leo.

I haven't a clue what it is, but if it fell out of a palm tree, perhaps it's vegetarian. You could try offering it some ripe fruit and see what happens.

I gave it a slice of papaya and after a while it started to nibble a bit. It had not touched any of the other foods I offered before. But the ripe papaya

did the trick.

thanks,

Leo.

update

yesterday the young squirrel died