Rumored Cbr400

flying

At the risk of being OT I did not want to post anything more in the CBR250 thread.

Anyway just wondered if the rumor has more substance now?

Interesting what this link says about the CBR250 popping up on this Japanese mag & 2 months later reality.

Now it is January with rumors of a CBR400 in March & it pops up on the same magazine.

hmmmmmmmmmm

Some say a V-Twin yet the one pic showing what looks like exhaust header side by side below radiator

makes me wonder. No facts just wondering...

Anyway could be interesting.....wink.png

http://www.cbr250.ne...red-cbr400.html

post-51988-0-24701000-1327601605_thumb.j

post-51988-0-38362900-1327601607_thumb.j

post-51988-0-63246200-1327601609_thumb.j

Yep - it does seem that these rumours are gathering a bit of steam.

Assuming there is some truth in all of this, the interest level would depend on the number of cylinders for me. If they make it a twin and keep the weight down then it would be a nice bike and fill the little gap between the CBR/Ninja 250 and the ER6 variants. If they made it an inline 4 (very unlikely) then I'd buy one for sure. If it's a thumper then I wouldn't really be interested.

I'm still a bit skeptical about it happening though, in any form...

Yep - it does seem that these rumours are gathering a bit of steam.

Assuming there is some truth in all of this, the interest level would depend on the number of cylinders for me. If they make it a twin and keep the weight down then it would be a nice bike and fill the little gap between the CBR/Ninja 250 and the ER6 variants. If they made it an inline 4 (very unlikely) then I'd buy one for sure. If it's a thumper then I wouldn't really be interested.

I'm still a bit skeptical about it happening though, in any form...

Same here....multi cylinder = buy....of course price needs to be inline with product

thumper = no thanks

Edited by flying

First pic is a 400R with spindly forks so at best this will be a IL twin

Second pic is an RR with USD forks, so should be IL4 for sure... not gonna be cheap if they make a proper 'sportbike' unlike the cheap and nasty 150/250...not sure of the commercial viabilty of this thou.. mellow.png as well as having real option for a race series of 400s on the world stage with the 250 capacity already in Moto3

I

Edited by William Osborne