Top Thai Blues Artist To Guest At Boy Blues Bar On Monday 30Th

properjob

Lovers of blues music who ever get down to Bangkok will know that Ped Hua-Hin Bluesman, the leader of Ped's Band, who play the prime slot at Saxophone Pub at Victory Monument every Friday and Saturday night, is one of the best all-round blues artists in the country.

He is visiting Chiang Mai on this coming Monday (30th January) on a short vacation, and has agreed to come to Boy Blues Bar in Kalare Night Bazaar to join in the Monday Blues Jam. Ped is a superb guitarist and a fine singer, so anyone who loves electric blues might want to get along there.

For the record, I have ZERO financial interest in either the venue or the event. Here is a link to a decent YouTube clip of Ped in action at Saxophone Pub:

pj

If anyone hears of a time when our man will be taking the stage can they please post. Thanks!

Music usually starts about 8.45 and goes until 11.30. Ped will be there sometime in that time frame. The regular musicians are very good too, so having to wait a while for the visiting musician is really no hardship.

Can anyone give me the Google Map coordinates for Boy Blues Bar?

The main entrance to Kalare Night Bazaar is on Chang Klan Road next to the Le Meridien Hotel. Walk into the market and look up. Boy Blues Bar is the only place on an upper level, an open mezzanine deck above the rest of the market. Can't miss it - and you'll likely hear it easily enough.

pj

I'll be there. Ped is just incredible, one of best guitarists I've seen. To have him finally come here to CNX and play with Boy is just heaven sent.

For those who haven't been to Boys new bar, its upstairs just next to the Kalare Food Court on the eastern side of Changklan Rd (Night Bazaar).

Drinks dont cost an arm or a leg too!

Thanks for the heads-up!....made two discoveries last night - a new and cool bar and a absolutely great guitarist, Ped is world class.

All the other players are very good with over the top harmonica and trumpet soloing - overall a fine night out.

Only thing, the seating capacity is sparse and the serve yo-self bar arrangement is congested. Otherwise a fabulous space for music.

Thanks for the heads-up!....made two discoveries last night - a new and cool bar and a absolutely great guitarist, Ped is world class.

All the other players are very good with over the top harmonica and trumpet soloing - overall a fine night out.

Only thing, the seating capacity is sparse and the serve yo-self bar arrangement is congested. Otherwise a fabulous space for music.

I was also there last nite to enjoy Ped's fantastic blues. What a great show. Equally impressive was the other Thai guy playing and singing. I think his name is Tuk, and is a regular at the club. Does anyone know more about this dude and where he plays?

I too was there to enjoy the show last light, and what a great show it was.

Thanks to PJ for bringing it to everyones attention.

post-8786-0-83622700-1327999028_thumb.jp

NowImEasy: Are you referring to this guy? If so, that is Boy who is the owner of the club, a great guitarist, and one heck of a nice guy.

Bill

NowImEasy: Are you referring to this guy? If so, that is Boy who is the owner of the club, a great guitarist, and one heck of a nice guy.

Bill

No, I think he's referring to "Tuk" who is Boy's uncle and has his own blues club called The Brasserie down on the river.

Bill

No, I think he's referring to "Tuk" who is Boy's uncle and has his own blues club called The Brasserie down on the river.

Since Tuk was nowhere near Boy's Bar that night, I doubt very much if he was referring to him. NowimEasy was right. Boy is the owner, a great blues musician and an all-round great guy.

SCD say's he'd welcome the event's continuation. That's a given, minus the participation of Ped, who was only in town for one day. The jam night happens every Monday. Fine blues music goes on Tuesday to Saturday nights.

pj

I have posted a few video's from the night on my YouTube site (ChiangMaiTiger) if anyone is interested. Sorry but I couldn't put a link to one of them here.

Properjob has also done a couple. One of them shows Mai who is guitarist for Took/Tuk at the Brasserie. This may be the guy NowimEasy is talking about but he didn't sing.