Teacher S Licence

Watdee!!!

Before leaving Thailand last year, I met a school principal and manager at their school and was offered a teaching job. Aftert negotiating on the hours and salary, I then received a fairly good employment contract and applied for a non-immigrant visa (at local Thai embassy, Canada) that i will pick up tomorrow.

What are the next steps once I am in Thailand?

I am confused about the procedures to acquire:

1-WORK PERMIT (not clear, but looks like the school takes care of this one)

2- TEACHER S LICENCE (no idea on this one and the one I am most curious about)

Thanks,

PENZMAN :o

Hi penzman

Hopefully you'll have someone at your school who'll assist you with this process. You first need to apply for your teacher's license, than your work permit. You need to provide the originals of all your degrees, also medical certificates, which you can get here and cost almost nothing - when I went to see the doctor, he poked me under the eye, took out the stethoscope and told me to breathe in and out once and was given a clean bill of health :D . Along with this you need about thirty odd photos (sorry, can't exactly remember) of varying size - which you can also get done here for almost nothing.

To be honest I was worried about all these things, but once I arrived the school looked after everything so you shouldn't have anything to worry about - just make sure you tie up all your loose ends at home. Wish you all the best and hope you enjoy teaching here :o