Loco Elvis, Tex Mex Night Club

mrmark2009

How hard can it be to find some staff for a bar..

Reeks of a bad case of perfectoinism and over-management.. Just open the joint and have beer and booze. Nobody cares if they only food are the burgers and subs from next door for the time being. Nobody cares if staff speak perfect English as long as they can remember or write down the order number. (Especially when cute).

Question : "What do they have to do to be the best TEX MEX restaurant in Chiang Mai? "

Answer : Taste better than Miguel's & El Diablo and not cost more.

I hope you can pull it off, id love some good Texmex. Calimex just isn't right.

It did not seem to be open this afternoon.

I believe they open up for a lunch, close in the afternoon and then reopen for dinner/ late night.

I've been there twice now. Pretty good food.

-Mestizo

Edited by Mestizo

Question : "What do they have to do to be the best TEX MEX restaurant in Chiang Mai? "

Answer : Taste better than Miguel's & El Diablo and not cost more.

I hope you can pull it off, id love some good Texmex. Calimex just isn't right.

Eh, from the items on their menu, I don't think they plan to compete head-to-head with either of those excellent venues. And I don't consider El Diablo to be a direct competitor with Miguel's either. They each fill a different niche. Would be like trying to compare Don Pablo's to Chipotle. When I want good TexMex food, I go to Miguels. When I want a big, tasty quick burrito, I go to Don Pablos. And now when I want a big plate of Mexican rice, covered in taco meat and nacho cheese, I go to Loco Elvis.

-Mestizo

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Name and shame posts removed, please see the following rule:

6) Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.

Right next door to the new Dukes on the moat just across the moat from the Mikes burger.

If you turn of the moat road there and go west you will come to the U N Irish pup.

Cheers for that, I'll take a look next time I'm in town.

thumbsup.gif

• 1 month later...

Went there last night.

Great food, large portions, decent prices, happy hour on stiff margeritas, and a friendly Owner. In fact the Owner took it upon himself to send us over samples of several menu offerings until we almost burst.

Highly recommended and will be going back with friends.

How hard can it be to find some staff for a bar..

Reeks of a bad case of perfectoinism and over-management.. Just open the joint and have beer and booze. Nobody cares if they only food are the burgers and subs from next door for the time being. Nobody cares if staff speak perfect English as long as they can remember or write down the order number. (Especially when cute).

I haven't been there yet, but if they spend too long training staff, the ones they have recruited will leave and move on: Sanook is as important as wages. There is a chronic labour shortage in Chiang Mai, if someone walks in through the door with a valid ID card and without breaking anything: hire them!

Edited by millwall_fan

After previously posting positively about this place, I am changing my opinion.

The last 2 times I've been there, both times I became sick shortly after. The second time I was very, very sick to my stomach and have now sworn off the place.

Additionally, they have changed the menu up from when they opened and removed some of the items I really liked. Additionally, the portions seem to now be smaller and don't seem to justify the prices being charged.

I hope they get better and wish them the best of luck, but I'll be eating elsewhere for for the forseeable future.

-Mestizo

• Like 1

The last 2 times I've been there, both times I became sick shortly after. The second time I was very, very sick to my stomach and have now sworn off the place.

Additionally, they have changed the menu up from when they opened and removed some of the items I really liked. Additionally, the portions seem to now be smaller and don't seem to justify the prices being charged.

I hope they get better and wish them the best of luck, but I'll be eating elsewhere for for the forseeable future.

-Mestizo

That's interesting. I believe you are the 3rd member to have had the same experience with getting sick after eating there. I don't know why the mods deleted the other posts. It seems like something people should know and consider before eating there.

I only went there once; during Songkran. I ordered Nachos and thought they were just O.K. Nothing to write home about. A little light on the toppings. I tried to order guacamole but they were out. But the cute young lady who was serving beer and other bottled drinks out front was a sweetheart and she adopted my kid (for the day) and he loved the attention from her. Gave me time to party as well.biggrin.png

-Mestizo

+1

-Mestizo

If it was shortly after, it probably wasn't Loco Elvis: food poisoning, according to most health websites kicks in between 12 and 24 hours after consuming food. Let's face it, in this country is could have been more or less anything you ate in the previous 24 hours!