Best Juice Extractor

4evermaat

Where can I find one? Tesco/Big C seem to be limited at least in my current location. I'll be heading to bangkok in a week or so. The ones i see now have a very small opening.....i should be able to juice a whole small apple. or 1/2 big apple without further cutting.

We currently have an otto. not very strong and has small opening, so the fruits have to be cut very slim. harder apples like granny smith it has a hard time with the skin.

Would be nice if it has a variable speed adjustment, but I don't think there are too many of those. I see plenty of blenders, water heaters, rice cookers, but juicers seem to be lacking for some reason.

Edited by 4evermaat

I'm not sure if I ever saw any Breville Juicers over there when we were last visiting, we bought one with us from N.Z for our house and it is the best juicer we've had by far. Fits a decent sized whole apple with no trouble at all and has handled anything we have tried in it so far. We use it every day when we are over there and we have another here in N.Z we use every day as well. Anyway this is the model website http://www.breville....aintm-plus.html . Pretty good price too, when we bought ours they were only NZ$199.

I'm not sure if I ever saw any Breville Juicers over there when we were last visiting, we bought one with us from N.Z for our house and it is the best juicer we've had by far. Fits a decent sized whole apple with no trouble at all and has handled anything we have tried in it so far. We use it every day when we are over there and we have another here in N.Z we use every day as well. Anyway this is the model website http://www.breville....aintm-plus.html . Pretty good price too, when we bought ours they were only NZ$199.

I followed up on the breville webmaster to see if there are any thailand distributors. In the mean time, I found this website: http://www.juicerthailand.com/ . I've seen a breville or something similar before on the internet search. I really like the variable speed concept, as it is impossible to correctly juice all types of juices with a one-size fits all approach.

Wonder if other users have found other distributors (breville or other brands of similar quality). It might be a stretch paying $500 for a juicer, but $2-300. The warranty would be important also. Interested to know how that would be handled.

Anyone else have suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

After extensive search, there were only 2 dealers that carry breville juicers. both are located near sukumvit soi 62. I was unable to see either of them, but juicerthailand said they only stock 2 models: 95 and 820.

i decided to proceed forward with Philips Avance juicer hr1871. The hr1861 previous model is marked down now to 3900 bt. Hr1871 is 7990bt 2 year guarantee. Too bad i didnt see any @ tesco. But powerbuy has them. Cant wait to try it out.

"2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from ThaiVisa app.

Edited by 4evermaat

• 1 month later...
After extensive search, there were only 2 dealers that carry breville juicers. both are located near sukumvit soi 62. I was unable to see either of them, but juicerthailand said they only stock 2 models: 95 and 820. i decided to proceed forward with Philips Avance juicer hr1871. The hr1861 previous model is marked down now to 3900 bt. Hr1871 is 7990bt 2 year guarantee. Too bad i didnt see any @ tesco. But powerbuy has them. Cant wait to try it out. "2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from ThaiVisa app.

How did that model work out for you. We're in the market for one as well and the wife was looking at philips.

After extensive search, there were only 2 dealers that carry breville juicers. both are located near sukumvit soi 62. I was unable to see either of them, but juicerthailand said they only stock 2 models: 95 and 820. i decided to proceed forward with Philips Avance juicer hr1871. The hr1861 previous model is marked down now to 3900 bt. Hr1871 is 7990bt 2 year guarantee. Too bad i didnt see any @ tesco. But powerbuy has them. Cant wait to try it out. "2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from ThaiVisa app.

How did that model work out for you. We're in the market for one as well and the wife was looking at philips.

I was going to post a review on amazon.co.uk, but there was a requirement to have at least one purchase through them first. Oh well. I got the HR 1871 Philips Avance from the Siam paragon central/powerbuy (4th floor) for 7990. Make a copy of the receipt and attach it to the warranty card (they fade quickly). Solid juicer all the way around. I like the fact that you can see everything.

Positives

- The foam separator is genius. Great if you like only the juice.

- see-through for all the major parts. Makes it kind of fun to watch how the juice is made. The way it is assembled is also attractive and intuitive.

- very easy to clean. You will rarely have to move the base once it is in place...just remove the entry shoot, strainer, and It does take more than the advertised "1 minute", but with a spray hose, you can clean the parts in 5 minutes. I usually clean it immediately after use and I dont find it a chore.

- small footprint on the counter (for a juicer).

- you can shut down the juicer and stick a knife inside to clean out the very center without having to open up the whole thing.

- the drip-free spout is good, but it is better to tilt the juicer into the jug for a few seconds first before closing the spout. I also like the other spout for being able to juice directly into a cup or other container without splashing.

- instructions are in multiple asian languages, including thai and english. So is the quick guide and the juicer recipe book.

Negatives:

- sometimes there is <1% of pulp that makes its way to juice somehow.

- although you can put smaller apples inside whole, I found it easier to still cut them in half. And for ones with harder skins (granny smith), I peel a small part around the apple first. This way, if I cut it in half and place it in the chute, even if it ends up skin-side down, there is a small part of flesh exposed, so less pressure is required to juice.

- if the orange or fruit you juice has larger seeds, there are times where juicing on a slow setting will cause a loud noise, as if something is stuck somewhere. As you add more fruit, the noise goes away.

- The power occassionally fluctuates. I think this is due to electrical wiring in the house, not the juicer itself. Like when the a/c or hot water heater is running, it will slow down the juicer slightly.

- due to the way it is designed, you cannot "continuously" juice too much, as the pulp container is integrated and be lifted out to be cleaned. But you could do over two liters before you have to clean out the pulp container. I've never had to do this (I can always create enough juice in one session, which is usually the full 1.5L jug)

- The asian distribution version apparently is missing the Jason Vale Keeping It Simple book. Not a huge deal.

We use the juicer daily. I think it's worth it. The fresh juice section of gourmet market uses the older model hr1861. And then I checked online reviews and Philips is an ok brand anyway :). The power buy had cheaper models of other brands that specs were technically higher. I still went for the Philips 1871.

I did find one brevelle distributor.....they wanted 20,000+ for the breville 820xl, which is supposed to be the top of the line juicer "prosumer" He also sells the Hurom slow juicer.