River Rocks

janverbeem

Hy I'm in need of a lot of river rocks 89AGG0688.jpg for in my garden and around the pool.

They're for sale in most garden shops at the 40-45 baht per bag of approximate 10 Kg.In my case I would need at least 250 bags.

I read on other forums of people who bought them for 6000-8000 Baht for a ten qube truckload but can't find any references as to where they bought them by the truckload.

Any advice appreciated.

Not something I've seen available in bulk sad.png

A clue as to where you are located would help those who have smile.png

Is there any useful information such as a manufacturers name on the small bags?

I'm in Pattaya,but I don't mind to pay a transportation fee from wherever it has to be transported as I read prices on the other forums of 6-8000 Baht for a 10 cubic load.

This amount would cost at least 50.000 Baht when bought per bag.

The bags sold have nothing written on them.

A friend got a truck for 2500baht.

I have a river on our property, I collected my own and paid guys to help for our house.

Now if you could share where you friend got a truck load for 2500 Baht,that would be helpful and the intention of this thread.

He got them from around nakhon nayok.

But they were not the nice polished stones in your pic...or the ones for sale in little bags at homepro n such.....they were river stones, but not nice river stones as such.

I hand pic all my own.....priority for flat surfaces and peculiar shapes

He got them from around nakhon nayok.

But they were not the nice polished stones in your pic...or the ones for sale in little bags at homepro n such.....they were river stones, but not nice river stones as such.

I hand pic all my own.....priority for flat surfaces and peculiar shapes

Maybe you want to handpick a truckload for me at an acceptable price?

Loaded a pickup load today....not little river stones, huge rocks this time...I did all the hard work while the kids swam in the river...buggers.

But if you have a pickup, you would be welcome to come and get a load yourself, cost a bottle of red for the wife.

In fact i have a pick up but guess I would need at least 2 loads as it can carry only 1 tonne a time.I also have 2 labour available and i don't mind for even 2 bottles of red.Could be fun when she empties them.

Any idea how long it would take to sort out that amount of rocks taken I prefer the shape and size as in the picture?

Maybe you could pm me and we could do some business as I also know someone who's looking for a load of bigger rocks and is willing to pay a decent price for it.

Thats good, you want the smaller say golf ball sized ones, I want the larger ones for rock walls and such...so you shall not exploit my riverbed of rocks I need.

The rocks you buy are usually polished, not sure where or how they get them from and that look, but our rocks are your typical everyday river rocks, they are smooth and such though.

We are 90 minutes out of Bkk and it would take you and 2 labourers maybe half a day to fill up your ute....is it 4wd ?? as may need it to get back up with the back fully loaded as it can be a bit slippery, but I could tow maybe...I have 4wd.

Thats good, you want the smaller say golf ball sized ones, I want the larger ones for rock walls and such...so you shall not exploit my riverbed of rocks I need.

The rocks you buy are usually polished, not sure where or how they get them from and that look, but our rocks are your typical everyday river rocks, they are smooth and such though.

We are 90 minutes out of Bkk and it would take you and 2 labourers maybe half a day to fill up your ute....is it 4wd ?? as may need it to get back up with the back fully loaded as it can be a bit slippery, but I could tow maybe...I have 4wd.

So if I use the whip,as usual,it can be done in 3 hours.

The polished rocks you're talking about are actually coated I guess,and I haven't seen them available for long time already.

If they're close to what is shown in the picture in the OP , i'm in for your offer,but as I said I will need approx 2 tonnes so that means 2 truck loads on a 2 wheel drive Navara.

Don't worry about that though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzyJLtJjfqE

Better we continue our conversation by PM,before someone else get interested unsure.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Pattaya,but I don't mind to pay a transportation fee from wherever it has to be transported as I read prices on the other forums of 6-8000 Baht for a 10 cubic load.

45 Baht per bag x 250 bags needed in the OP is a little over 11KBaht. What am I missing?

45 Baht per bag x 250 bags needed in the OP is a little over 11KBaht. What am I missing?

Probably a calculator since 250 bags are 2.5 Cubic instead of 10.