The King Is A True Leader Of His Nation

joepublic

Like many of us who live in Thailand, and follow the political situation here with some concern, I have just read the full transcript of the Kings Speech. I was truly impressed and amazed at the integrity, courage, humour, intelligence of the King. In no uncertain terms, he has set the tone and background to hopefully rein in the excesses of power that we see, and see a peaceful, yet just, resolution to the political situation.

Unfortunately, only the Nation reported this, the Bangkok Post having lost its teeth and backbone a long time ago with the sacking of its former editor.

I used to dread the "stand up for the king" section in movies prior to the start of movies, but now, I will do so with genuine respect.

Long Live the King

…I have just read the full transcript of the Kings Speech. …

Unfortunately, only the Nation reported this, …

I saw that article in The Nation and felt that it was a rather bad translation, in part quite unintelligible.

Has anybody got a link to a better English translation of His Majesty’s birthday speech?

Like many of us who live in Thailand, and follow the political situation here with some concern, I have just read the full transcript of the Kings Speech. I was truly impressed and amazed at the integrity, courage, humour, intelligence of the King. In no uncertain terms, he has set the tone and background to hopefully rein in the excesses of power that we see, and see a peaceful, yet just, resolution to the political situation.

Unfortunately, only the Nation reported this, the Bangkok Post having lost its teeth and backbone a long time ago with the sacking of its former editor.

I used to dread the "stand up for the king" section in movies prior to the start of movies, but now, I will do so with genuine respect.

Long Live the King

I read the speech in The Nation and it was virtually incomprehensible. It was as if they just translated each word and wrote it down as it was without any attempt to convey the meaning. It may have been a good speech, I couldn't tell.