Tourist Visa

I invited a friend to Ireland last year and he was granted a three-month tourist visa. He went to Ireland and left on time with no problems.

I am now living and teaching in Thailand (I have been here since March and I have a Work Permit) and I want to return to Ireland in April for a two-week holiday. I also want to take my friend with me.

Given that he has been given a visa for reland in the recent past, I am hoping that there will be no problem. However, I wonder if my being resident in Thailand complicates or simplifies the process. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks.

Ponder, until one of the big boys show up, i will give you my 2 penneth.

The fact he has been before and returned in the time frame, helps his situation immensely.

The fact that you are now in LOS shouldn't affect his application. It is his application and he has already proved he has enough reason to return. In my view, the only difference with this application will be, who is sponsoring him in Ireland? If you are staying at your parents etc. they will have to provide the same information that you did the last time.

Good luck

Edited by mrbojangles

Ponder,

I would suggest that the fact that your friend has already visited Ireland once under your sponsorship, and complied with the conditions imposed upon him, will make the process of getting a subsequent visa straightforward.

Your presence in Thailand will, if anything, strengthen the application as the inference is that he will leave Ireland at the same time as you. Do supply a copy of your passport and work permit with the application, as well as letters from both your employer and your friend's.

Scouse.